Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teveel stappen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Mijn Fitbit Charge is te positief met stappen tellen. Kan dat? Hoe kan ik mijn stap lengte etc bekijken. 

Ik heb met een vriend gewandeld en mijn stappen zijn 15.000 en bijna 11km en die van hem 9.500 en 7.5km. We hebben hetzelfde stuk gelopen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Evely37 Thanks for getting back to me. 

As a first approach, I would like to clarify that it's normal that you see a difference when you are comparing your data with another person, this is because Fitbit devices record your data based on your personal information (age, gender, weight and height). 

Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

Please note when you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

For more information about GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Evely37. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums.  We currently aren't staffed to provide support in Dutch within the Community Forums.

We currently support French, Italian, Spanish, German, Korean, Chinese, Japanese and English. Hopefully we can support more locales in the future. If you could reply back to me in English, I'll be more than glad to help you. In the meantime, check How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

If you have any additional questions about your Fitbit device or services, visit help.fitbit.com

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge is too positive with step counting. Is that possible? How can I view my stride length etc.

I walked with a friend and my steps are 15,000 and almost 11km and his is 9,500 and 7.5km. We walked the same stretch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Evely37 Thanks for getting back to me. 

As a first approach, I would like to clarify that it's normal that you see a difference when you are comparing your data with another person, this is because Fitbit devices record your data based on your personal information (age, gender, weight and height). 

Fitbit devices use the formula below to calculate distance. Your stride length is determined by your height and sex. Steps x Stride Length = Distance Traveled

Please note when you track an activity with GPS, your device calculates your distance using GPS data rather than steps. If you begin moving before you get a GPS signal, your device calculates distance using your steps until GPS connects.

To update your stride length, track a run with GPS or measure your stride length manually. For more information, see Can I change my stride length in my Fitbit account?

For more information about GPS, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes