Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Auto sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 2 has problem to auto sync since yesterday morning even though I had clicked it as auto sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Vanessatehyl, thanks for stopping by! The Fitbit tracker depending of the configuration of your account will constantly sync every 15 minutes, only if the option of Sync all day is active and the bluetooth is on. Otherwise will sync when you open the app or your tracker is near to any Fitbit dongle around 10-15 feet away.

Since you've checked that All-Day Sync is enable, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (iOS, Android)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Give this a go and let me know how it goes, I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hey there @Vanessatehyl, thanks for stopping by! The Fitbit tracker depending of the configuration of your account will constantly sync every 15 minutes, only if the option of Sync all day is active and the bluetooth is on. Otherwise will sync when you open the app or your tracker is near to any Fitbit dongle around 10-15 feet away.

Since you've checked that All-Day Sync is enable, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (iOS, Android)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Give this a go and let me know how it goes, I'll be around! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thks..problem solved

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome news @VanessatehylSmiley Very Happy Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me.  I've tried everything. Very frustrated. 

Best Answer

I don’t even have an all day sync option.

Best Answer

Same here. The option used to be in the app, now it's gone and the fitbit charge 2 does not automatically sync anymore

Best Answer

My fitbit stopped auto syncing after the latest  Android app update. I've rebooted my phone. I've cleared data and cache an logged in. Still doesn't work. 

Best Answer

My 2017 Charge 2 just stopped syncing 29OCT20. I've tried all of what is in your answer and everything in the FAQ user support. Sync still fails. Also failing is the pairing function for Bluetooth even though my Pixel3 android phone "sees" the tracker. It won't pair. A whole lot of negative comments about Fitbit sync issues online.  

Best Answer

Hi Marre, 

I'm having the same issue as noted above.  The Fitbit 2 used to have an auto-sync option in the settings, but it is no longer there, and I have to do this manually by going into the app.  Is there another way to get it to auto-sync? Thank you!

Best Answer

Did anyone figure out how to solve this issue? My fitbit does not auto sync and I have to press sync now on my fitbit app every time. this reall is fustrating

Best Answer

I was just wondering today why my data isn’t auto-syncing and found this.  My guess is that Google (ooops!  Fitbit) don’t want to support old devices so we peope go out and buy new ones…

I am using iOS and not Android

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue now with my charge 2. I switched devices. Went from antique samsung android tablet to new Samsung s6 auto sync gone from app on the s6. What a pain in the you know!

duh, that is the problem the sync all day is gone from the app, so it does not sync unless you open the app and force a sync manually, duh fix the issue instead of ignoring it

Best Answer

My charge 5 has no all day sync that I can find

Best Answer
0 Votes

Manually sync your Google Account
Open your phone’s Settings app.
Tap About phone And then Google Account And then Account sync.
If you have more than one account on your phone, tap the one you want to sync.
Tap More And then Sync now.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's 2023 and it's still a problem. There is no "sync all day" on the app. I have a Versa 2 and it's the most annoying thing. The fact that FitBit wants US to deal with a problem THEY created rather than just fix the problem by either allowing for exchanges or providing the option to sync all day is infuriating. This thing wasn't cheap! 

Best Answer

I would expect it to just get worse now that it’s google. I gave up on mine and just manually sync it in the morning like me it seems to work all day after jump starting it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I havent been able to sync my Charge 3 at all since around 3.31pm on Sat 17 (Australian time). Have followed all the steps on the website and narda. Battery at 100% just cant get any other data off it. 8(

Best Answer
0 Votes