Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time jumps ahead 3 hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The time on my Charge 2 keeps jumping 3 hours ahead.  I have to log out of the Fitbit app and log back in each time to get the time correct again.  The correct time zone is set up in my account settings.  It also started my steps over again, and when I logged back in it went back to my original step count for the day.  This has happened 3 or 4 times now in the last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hey there @DRobinson, it's nice to see you around the forums! Hmmm... this is very strange. Did you travel recently by any chance? I'd recommend the following workaround:

1. On their Fitbit app, change your Country settings to “United States” and change your timezone to the desired timezone.
  2. Save changes and then Sync.
  3. Then change your Country setting back to their actual Country
  4. Save Changes and then Resync tracker.

Give this a shot and let me know if that does the trick!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

The time zone is set to MST and country is set to United States.  I have not traveled out of the set time zone recently.  On the up side, this has not happened again since I made this post so hopefully it has fixed itself.  Thank you for the response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wonderful! Smiley Very Happy I'm glad to hear that this hasn't happened again!

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Have a nice weekend @DRobinson

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. I log in online, go to settings, it's set to US MST, and I sync, but the clock stays 3 hours ahead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IdahoMerc wrote:

Mine is doing the same thing. I log in online, go to settings, it's set to US MST, and I sync, but the clock stays 3 hours ahead. 

Sometimes it helps to set to another incorrect time zone, sync, change back to correct zone, and sync again.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've recently experienced the same thing with my Charge 3.  I haven't traveled recently.  I'm set for eastern time.  Mine returns to normal after syncing or a quick reboot.  Has happened twice in 3 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and found out that time zone "eastern time" is defective and reporting the wrong time while another time in the same range like Detroit, works just fine. I have mine set to automatic and it suddenly started screwing up yesterday. I suspect fitbit screwed up their app in an update. When I resync after the wrong time is displayed, it is fixed. However if this happens every few hours, it's going to be a very big problem.

I have a charge 5,by the way.

Best Answer

Ditto here!!!  Happened last night around 11 p.m.  My Charge 3 suddenly jumped ahead FOUR hours, & it's stayed that way.  I rebooted it, checked my settings, & everything is the way it's supposed to be except that I'm 4 hours off.

Best Answer

Okay - I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I just now rebooted/restarted my Charge 3 (you know, attaching it to the charger & holding down the button until I get a "smiley face"), & then first I received a rather cryptic msg. about checking the mobile app to ensure the permission was enabled(??), & then the main screen came up with the correct time.  Don't know if this was just a fluke or what, but I'm back at the correct time at the moment.

Best Answer

Mine just jumped ahead four hours again & rebooting/restarting did nothing.  Then another microscopic cryptic msg. about mobile app enabling.  What's going on Fitbit - this is OBVIOUSLY something at YOUR end - not mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine done the same thing at the same time and just did it again today.

Best Answer
0 Votes