Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracked Exercise Disappearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On several occasions now my exercise data has vanished after i have viewed it once. When I end a tracked exercise the stats show but when I go back into the app the exercise is gone. My individual stats like steps,calories burnt & distance are still showing  but the exercise itself has gone. I have done the usual restart device,reinstall phone app etc,etc. At first i thought it was the tracker as my exercises dont show up on PC dashboard either but Fitbit sent a new tracker last week & today it did the same thing. I went for a 5 mile walk & at the end I was able to view a summary, but the walk is now gone & dashboard shows no exercise for today. Is this the android app or Fitbit Charge 2?

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Dirt biker with what mode are you tracking your exercises? 

-Through the tracker and letting it auto detect. 

-Manually starting the multisport mode, with or without GPS 

-Using the Fitbit"s app tracking function through the phone. This has been known to disapeer if the pause then resume was pushed with the android app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,thanks for getting back to me.

I am using the Fitbit app tracking function through the phone. I have never used auto detect & the connected GPS has only worked once so I dont use it anymore. How am I supposed to stop an exercise,there is no stop button on that particular screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the exact same issue as the original poster is.

Are you saying that there is a bug that if you use PAUSE inside of a tracked excercise, then it will not be stored/logged in the application?

That is a pretty major bug, you should really remove the pause button then if it ruins the logging. Because it's useless. Either fix it or remove it.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  Just finished a 3.5 mile walk.  The tracker was auto detect as I had not added walking as an option on the tracker yet.  I did track it with the GPS to get a map.  When I finished I did see the map and it saved it.  I thought.  When I went back to view it later the info is there but the map is gone.  The map is there on past workouts.  Why not now?  Also, I did pause briefly during the walk.  Does that affect saving the map?  If so, why?  I never saw where this issue was addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue on a Fitbit Flex 2 using an android (samsung s8). I did accidentally hit the pause button just before stopping because the two buttons are next to each other and I was moving quickly. I agree this seems like a major bug, if that is indeed the answer, and also I'm shocked it hasn't been fixed yet months later??

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to press and hold the pause button on the app before the stop button will be displayed. Then the stop button may be held to stop the tracking. 

As for as I know the pause resumè problem was fixed several app updates ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to press and hold the pause button on the app before the stop button will be displayed. Then the stop button may be held to stop the tracking. 

As for as I know the pause resumè problem was fixed several app updates ago. 

@NicBDA the Fitbit Flex 2 does not have any buttons to press, your issue is not with the Flex 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

My apologies for being less than clear in what I meant. I am aware that the flex 2 has no buttons, I intended to say that I was having an issue with the latest fitbit app for android, which is interfacing with my flex 2. Given the context of the article I assumed that would be clear, but you are correct that with tech issues it is best to be explicit.

If the pause resume bug has been fixed, that's great. It still does not explain why my tracked exercise disappeared just yesterday. I just double-checked the interface on my app, and what I actually did was hit pause, accidentally hit resume instead of finish, then hit pause again and finished the hike. I was then able to see my tracked hike for a moment, I returned to the app then tried to find the tracked hike again and it had disappeared.

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me this morning. Over an hour of exercise gone. I did power my phone down as I was losing my charge. I believe that had something to do with the removed exercise. Never thought that would happen. When my phone has run out of power it does not happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes