Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Set-up Charge...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a Charge as a gift--and yeah yeah yeah, it was probably a re-gift--but it's brand new and I want to try it out.  Set-up does not give you an option to select the product for sync.  It only offers the Charge HR, and the Charge 2.  I have tried (in vein) both options, but the app absolute does not connect to the Charge.  All it states is that I should 'try again' or make sure the unit is 'on.'  Any ideas?  I've tried removing, and reinstalling the app; restarting my computer; turning the unit off--then on; pretty much everything that I can think of.  Thanks for any advice...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you.  I have had to download the app to my laptop (Windows).  I do not use smartphones, and the only reason is I prefer flip-phones.  The app downloaded to my laptop does not give me similar options.  All other family members in the household have Android smart phones, but I am really not trying to make this epic, if you know what I mean.  I mean....why wouldn't the app work correctly on my laptop...?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Is this what you are looking for (Android phone app)?

Charge.png

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you.  I have had to download the app to my laptop (Windows).  I do not use smartphones, and the only reason is I prefer flip-phones.  The app downloaded to my laptop does not give me similar options.  All other family members in the household have Android smart phones, but I am really not trying to make this epic, if you know what I mean.  I mean....why wouldn't the app work correctly on my laptop...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume you are talking about Fitbit Connect Software that you downloaded.

Also Are you sure it is a charge and not a Charge HR?

Asking as the Charge does not come up on my Connect either Only HR and charge 2

Where did you get it and can you verify with them what it really is?

Ok you said it was brand new does the box say Charge only on it?

If thats the case I would connect support to find out why it is not listed on Connect. Use the help at the top of the forum

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks for responding. Yes, yes, yes, and yes.  Sorry, I should have posted in the last two days, but I had to download the setup on an Android phone (wife's), and there I could find the Charge.  It's working fine, but the whole episode has been a bit off-putting, because you just want things to work as they should.  The setup on a pc laptop does not.  All is well, and my steps are being counted, haha.  But I'm pretty tech savvy, and I can't help of thinking of those who would have just given up.  If the software won't work on a desktop version, they shouldn't advertise it to.  Thanks, again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your charge Connected to your Fitbit account? 

You could log into your Fitbit account on a phone, sorry the Charge, log out on the phone and then use the pc. 

BTW if it is a Charge it will be at least 3 years old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes