Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It was working fine.  I haven't had a look at the dashboard for a while and didn't notice it wasn't sending the data anymore.  The last sync shows as 12/29.  While I won't swear there wasn't some sort of software update I've done nothing with it.  Permissions look ok, auto-expire is turned off.  Sync just spins or gives up.

Tried updating to use Google, no change.  Force close app, no change.  It still counts steps and stairs fine, just doesn't speak to the system.  There have been multiple phone restarts in that time.

More fiddling:  Restart Fitbit: no change.  Unpair/repair--pairing failed.  After a few rounds of that it won't even show up to try to pair.

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @LorenPechtel. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding Charge 4. Sorry to know the inconveniences. 

I'd suggest you follow these steps in order to get your tracker set up one more time:

1. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Connect the tracker to the charging cable. 
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab, and tap the top left corner.
  6. Tap Set Up a Device.
  7. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

You can find our complete troubleshooting tips in Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Accepts the pairing code, never finishes the process.

And your edit to clarify the subject did not--it had been set up and working for years.  It then quit sending data--there was some conversation as my phone recognized it for smart lock purposes.  After unpairing that quit working.

----

More observations:   After something like 10 minutes of spinning I gave up--but I left my phone on the Fitbit screen (nothing happened in the meantime that made me do anything with it) and when I came back in the morning it had paired and seems to be working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you unpair the tracker from your phones Bluetooth. Or did you remove the tracker from your Fitbit account? 

Unpairing from the phones Bluetooth, should not be an issue. The app will prompt rooftop reconnect. 

Removing the tracker from the fitbit account(this is not an unpair) will require you to also unpair the tracker from the phones Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I replaced the Charge 4 with itself it started behaving.
Best Answer
0 Votes