Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup :(

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

I was gifted a used Fitbit Charge 4. The previous owner removed it from her phone/account and deleted all data from the watch itself. Now the watch says to download or install the app.

On my phone, I installed the Fitbit app, made an account, and have been trying to setup the device but I can't get past the "charge your charge 4" screen. It will move on to the permissions page, say I'm all good there, then revert me back to the charging page and so on. Thing is, the watch is plugged in with the original charging cable, and is fully charged. Bluetooth is working between watch and phone. I've gone through the troubleshooting checklist and tried uninstalling, restarting, etc. 

Not sure what to do, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I have been gifted my sister's Fitbit Charge 4. She deleted the app off her phone, disconnected the Bluetooth, and removed all user data from the Fitbit itself. 

When I go into my phone and try to set up the Fitbit, it won't go past the "Charge your Charge 4" screen. The watch is plugged in, fully charged. I can press Next which brings me to the permissions page saying "thanks for allowing permissions! We should be able to sync now!" But then from there it brings me back the Charging page and it just goes in a continuous cycle between those two pages. 

I've gone through the troubleshooting checklist, restarted things, turned things on/off etc. Bluetooth is definitely working between phone and watch. App is updated. Don't know if the watch is updated but it won't let me do anything on there, just says I need to install/update Fitbit app. 

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You say bluetoothfjis working? Why say that? Is the Charge 4 paired to the phone? If so, you will need to remove this for the app to setup 

Best Answer

Thanks for the response! 

It's not paired yet since I haven't been able to setup the device, but my phone is able to see that the watch is trying to pair. A little notification keeps popping up asking if I'd like to setup my charge 4 and if I go into my Bluetooth settings while in the same room as the watch it will appear there asking me to setup the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to remove the tracker from your phones Bluetooth. 

All setup is done through the fitbit app, you will not be able to do any part of this setup in your phones Bluetooth. 

Best Answer

Did you ever get your Charge 4 to work?  I can't get mine past being charged.  In fact, I never saw a smiley face, just full charge... then a blank screen forever.  I've also gone through the troubleshooting checklist and tried uninstalling, restating, etc.  My Fitbit was supposedly new in a sealed box and my phone is the latest Galaxy 22S Supra so there should be no problem with pairing.  In fact, my phone was previously paired to a Charge 2 and everything worked wonderfully for years.  I couldn't find a post like my situation, so I hope you don't mind me posting here.  There are similar elements.

Best Answer
0 Votes