Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Charge 4 with Mac

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 4 Tracker and had a nightmare hour trying to find the FitBit Connect App to download to my iMac. I finally found it but found that my Charge 4 wasn't in the list of trackers that could sync to the App. I finally solved that but, try as I might including trying all the app suggestions, the App and my Tracker would not sync! Ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Stratguy. Welcome. It's good to see a new face around.

Thanks for your efforts in setting up your Charge 4. Please let me explain that even though the Fitbit app can be installed in your Mac, the Charge 4 was optimized to work with Android and Apple mobile devices to ensure the performance of all its features. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and let me recommend to use a compatible mobile device to sync your Charge 4 and update your data. Please know that your feedback will be passed along so our team can work and improve the experience with our Fitbit products.

By the way, I've moved your post to the Charge 4 board so you can have more chances to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I don't have an iPad or smart phone, I still need to connect to my iMac desk top.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Golondrinas Welcome on board.

Thanks for joining this thread, and for the details provided. As you may know, the Charge 4 was optimized to work on mobile devices and not on computers such as your iMac. I understand you don't have one available and my best advice is to borrow a compatible mobile device from a friend or relative so you can connect your tracker and sync your details. Once you've synced, you can see your data and exercises in your online dashboard.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Please know every feedback shared in the forums is appreciated as it helps us to work on our devices, and make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Lizzy,

Excuse me for jumping onto an old thread but while it may be convenient to sync your fitbit to a mobile device, afetr having installed the Fitbit app on my android phone, my phone's battery is draining 2-3 times faster than normal (presumably due to bluetooth). Even after turning bluetooth off, my phone's performance definitely seems poorer.

I would much rather use a computer to sync my Charge 4 a couple of times a week and login to my fitbit acount via the browser to see stats if I feel the need. Removing the computer syncing option strikes me as a bit of a downgrade.

Best Answer

Hi @Fungible. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this situation. I understand your point of view about being able to use a computer to sync your Charge 4 and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Our team constantly works to improve our devices, features and services, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is truly appreciated and please know it won't be taken for granted. You can learn more about what devices are compatible with your tracker here.

Best Answer
0 Votes