Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update error - Bluetooth 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app is up to date, iOS 2.4 however my charge HR is stuck with the loading screen and I can not do anything. It keeps saying Bluetooth domain 18 error when I try and update the tracker. I’ve tried uninstalling the Fitbit app, forgetting my Charge HR and resetting it nothing’s worked. Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Alice1993

This worked for me when mine was stuck during my update:

Go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and find your tracker, tap the (!) exclamation point and select "Forget this device".

To pair your tracker's Bluetooth from the Fitbit app do the following:
From your mobile Dashboard tap the Account icon
Tap your tracker's picture on the left side
Tap Notifications; move the slide over till it turns green, then a pop-up message should appear requesting permission to set up your tracker to your iPhone's Bluetooth
Tap Pair when prompted too

Now do a sync

Also, I've heard on here that some have had to remove their Fitbit tracker from their account and then re-install it. I never had to do it, but just wanted it to be on kown that you may also have to do this. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Alice1993

This worked for me when mine was stuck during my update:

Go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and find your tracker, tap the (!) exclamation point and select "Forget this device".

To pair your tracker's Bluetooth from the Fitbit app do the following:
From your mobile Dashboard tap the Account icon
Tap your tracker's picture on the left side
Tap Notifications; move the slide over till it turns green, then a pop-up message should appear requesting permission to set up your tracker to your iPhone's Bluetooth
Tap Pair when prompted too

Now do a sync

Also, I've heard on here that some have had to remove their Fitbit tracker from their account and then re-install it. I never had to do it, but just wanted it to be on kown that you may also have to do this. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer

Thank you so much it’s fibakky worked! Only one day without it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!! Ran the steps and got it working!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I had this issue and left it until morning To fix, now my charge HR won’t even turn on plugged in or not plugged in it’s non responsive. Help !

Best Answer

Literally have been stressing about having broken my new fitbit for the last 4 months! this worked a treat thanks so much! x

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahLouxxoo

Your Welcome, glad to help you out and get you back working. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stefanschurz wrote:

So I had this issue and left it until morning To fix, now my charge HR won’t even turn on plugged in or not plugged in it’s non responsive. Help !

Try this fix.   @Stefanschurz

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked for me after my Fitbit being down for a few months. THANKS,

Best Answer

Thank you so much! I have been trying to update my fitbit for months and have rebooted it so many times that I've lost count.  Today it got stuck and would not reboot at all. The Bluetooth 18 message appeared. I even connected it to the laptop with no joy.  I had recently updated the app - ios version 2.48 but did not have to delete it. I'm relieved and so happy. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit updates to 98% then keeps disconnecting from my phone and reconnecting.  It will do this constantly and won't finish the update.  I have unpaired it from the fitbit account and re-paired it, but it still isn't working.  What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes