Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update error showing a exclamation mark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My fitbit was half way through updating when it frozen on a screen showing a half loaded bar and an explanation mark. I have attempted to continue the update through the app but it just continues to load and never changes the error image on the fitbit. Do I need to reset? Or do I nees to factory reset? If so.... how do I do that and does it require my laptop USB port or can I use the wall charger USB?

All help much appreciated!!!!!! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I have exactly the same problem as Jess.  The update froze half way and now I have an exclamation marl pm a bar.  Help!  I am useless with technology, so in laymans terms please.

Thanks

@JessTaylforth wrote:
My fitbit was half way through updating when it frozen on a screen showing a half loaded bar and an explanation mark. I have attempted to continue the update through the app but it just continues to load and never changes the error image on the fitbit. Do I need to reset? Or do I nees to factory reset? If so.... how do I do that and does it require my laptop USB port or can I use the wall charger USB?

All help much appreciated!!!!!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done the same! It's really frustrating as this is the second fitbit of mine it has happened to. The last one that did this had to be replaced. I suggest you email fitbit support and see what they suggest, and if they cannot fix the problem they should replace it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JessTaylforth@francespeacock and @awestley thank you for joining the Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Have you tried to restart your tracker and attempt the firmware update once again? If so, I would like to suggest setting up your tracker as a new device to force the update to continue. Don't worry, all the information stored in your account so far won't be removed or deleted.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Restart your tracker once again and leave it plugged in.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit App and tap on the Account tab in the menu. After that select "Set up a new Device". After that, choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Please try this process 2 or 3 times and if that doesn't seem to do the trick, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know everything you've tried so far, I'm sure they will be more than happy to get you back on track. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit, can you please tell us what the explanation mark is telling us?

Thanks, Eric

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @EricJRW, I hope you're doing well.  Smiley Happy

The exclamation point on your Fitbit tracker's display means that the tracker has encountered an error while updating its firmware, which is why I provided some troubleshooting steps previously. These steps have been proven to be very helpful when a tracker is not updating.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarcoGFitbit,

I am facing the exact same problem with my fitbit charge. I used it after a long time today and on firing the app on my iPhone after the charge got enough charge :P, it mentioned a firmware update is available for the same. I tried updating the charge, it was going smoothly until 50% when it suddenly showed an exclamation mark and the Bluetooth connection on the phone was not there anymore. My best guess is that this is the problem.

I tried restarting the fitbit as suggested by you, but on holding the button down for 10-15 seconds, there is a long vibration, but there is no change in the status.

Please help.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Karthik

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kmyne29, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you have tried to far. As your tracker seems to be stuck while performing a firmware update, please try to set it up as a new device a couple of times to force the update to continue. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

If your tracker's display doesn't change, please perform a factory reset and try to set it up again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help, I can’t get my new Charge 3 to sync. Always sharing exclamation mark, with a circle around it

Best Answer
0 Votes