Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical lines on Charge 3 screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 has vertical lines on the screen. I have tried resetting a number of times and have changed the clock face nothing has worked. 

A8BFCD9B-1168-4851-8F37-FE9AFA174C38.jpeg

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your response, @SiobhanJC.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SiobhanJC.

I am sorry to hear your Charge 3 has vertical lines on the screen. Thanks for trying to resolve this and providing a photo, I am here to help. Since you've tried to restart the tracker and change a clock face, I would like to confirm if you've tried doing a long restart:

• Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have tried the long reset but it did not work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response, @SiobhanJC.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem with my Charge 3 as well. Have also done all the above and problem still persists. Will try to follow this thread for further information 

BC

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @rhcarrier.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the issue persists, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I have had exactly the same issue. I have tried:

a short reset

change of clock face

a long reset
 The only thing that seems to have happened is that it has got dimmer. 
Can you help, please?

I’ve just gone onto online chat. The guy has arranged a replacement.
I think this has to be a known problem for it to be so quick. Even so, excellent customer service .

Kind regards,
Denise

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's great info Thank You Unfortunately for me I cannot find out exactly
where I purchased mine so I can't valid the warranty so no help on my end.

Thank You
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was not exactly sure, as it was a gift. I told the guy where I thought it had come from and roughly when. I also told him it was a gift.

Kind regards,
Denise
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. The lines suddenly appeared after charging my Charge 3. I have tried all of the recommended solutions, and it has actually gotten worse. I have restarted the tracker 3 times, erased user data, and changed the clock face. Nothing helps, rather the lines have gotten worse and taken over most of my screen. The tracker was purchased in December of 2019, and I have not had any issues until now.

Best Answer
Try the chat. Customer service has been great for me. I now have a new, working device

Kind regards
Denise
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me too and I have also tried the reset method and it did not work for me either. Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally gave up apparently this is a sign of the lcd screen failing. I
just bought a new versa 3 and tossed the Charge. Sorry if this isn't the
solution that you were looking for most of us have tried every solution
suggested and to no avail.

Bob C
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same frustration. Thankfully it was under warranty. They replaced it. Also fortunate that they sent two replacements. One of the two replacements died w/in a few months; same screen problem as my original Charge 3.

I figured out it must be that I was showering with it. Now I take it off and that seems to be helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  Within the last week, I charged my Charge 3 and when I put it back on my wrist it had the same white vertical lines.  I tried the regular reset and hard reset.  I tried changing the clock face and making sure every thing was up to do and nothing helped.  Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This Kimberley Austin with vertical lines on charge 3. I followed the steps above plug in hold button for 15 seconds yet charge 3 still has vertical lines. I also checked my spare charge 3 and it has vertical lines too. 😞 

Best Answer
Hi,,
This is an old post. I’ve given up on Fitbit charge 3 now. I’ve moved to apple

Kind regards,
Denise
Best Answer
Hi yes I think it is a common problem and once this happens it basically
means that the l.e.d. screen has gone or is on its way out.
Best Answer

Tried all these steps. I think it is the led light fading. I want replacement since on warranty.

I was told I would get email from warranty department yet no email arrived by end of day. Please take responsibility vs pass on to next person 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2 charge 3 Fitbits that look like this when is warranty department going to honor warranty and replace?

Best Answer
0 Votes