Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volleyball

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I always take off my Charge 2 when playing volleyball.  I'm afraid that the constant bumping could damage the unit, though it's probably unlikely as I bump with the underside of my wrists so the fitbit itself would never actually come in contact with a ball other than the strap.   I also don't want to wear it as I don't want the strap to interfere with my already poor game play, or have the strap itself hurt me if the ball hits it.

I usually put the fitbit in my shorts pocket.  Is there a better way?  Some way to attach to my waist like I did with my fitbit one?

I find it interesting though that the fitbit tries to determine the exercise, which usually does a good job, but it decides my indoor volleyball is outdoor bike.  I'm a little surprised that the motions could be interpreted as biking, as biking should involve very little movement of the wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@chilehead For the best results, I'd recommend wearing your Charge 2 on your wrist; but if there's a situation where it's not possible, putting the tracker in your pocket is an option.

Please keep in mind that accuracy may suffer if you put the tracker in your pocket since the Charge 2 is designed to be worn on your wrist. Also, I'd recommend turning off heart rate if you put the tracker in your pocket as well, click here for instructions.

If you haven't already, I'd also recommend modifying your SmartTrack settings. This will help avoid mis-categorizations for auto-detected workouts.

Additionally, you can also re-categorize workouts that were mis-detected, click here for instructions.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi I play volleyball too and was wondering how I should wear my Fitbit while playing. I don't have pockets and I wouldn't wear it on the wrist as it can interfere with the movements. So is there another solution to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You say for best results to wear it on your wrist.  I play volleyball all the time and I am scared to wear my Charge 2 on my wrist.  If I wear it on my wrist and it takes a direct hard hit from a volleyball will it damage my fitbit?

@DerrickFitbit wrote:

@chilehead For the best results, I'd recommend wearing your Charge 2 on your wrist; but if there's a situation where it's not possible, putting the tracker in your pocket is an option.

Please keep in mind that accuracy may suffer if you put the tracker in your pocket since the Charge 2 is designed to be worn on your wrist. Also, I'd recommend turning off heart rate if you put the tracker in your pocket as well, click here for instructions.

If you haven't already, I'd also recommend modifying your SmartTrack settings. This will help avoid mis-categorizations for auto-detected workouts.

Additionally, you can also re-categorize workouts that were mis-detected, click here for instructions.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

I am not wearing the tracker at all for volleyball practice, but would like to track the excercise anyway afterwards. However, it seems to think that I only take 64 steps in a 1.5 hour practice. Only during a 10 minuten warming up I take several hundred! Is there a way to get more reasonable result calibrated? 

Best Answer
0 Votes