Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk / Run / Cardio Score

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just got a Charge 2 and I'm absolutely loving it but have a question about something iv found rather peculiar. I used the "run" feature today to map a walk and as a result my cardio fitness score has decreased?! It was a challenging walk up a steep incline so this is somewhat bemusing! Is this due to the software thinking that I was "running" slowly?

thanking you in advance for your help

Kev

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, @KevDoc, if you used the RUN mode instead of the WALK mode, it would have incorrectly calculated your cardio activity for the score.  If you use the WALK mode, it does not recalculate your cardio score.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, @KevDoc, if you used the RUN mode instead of the WALK mode, it would have incorrectly calculated your cardio activity for the score.  If you use the WALK mode, it does not recalculate your cardio score.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I didn't know there was a walk function but have found it. Didn't realise you could delete default exercises and replace with others! Guess I should have read the manual lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me how to get into the walk mode on the charge 2? I can only seem to categorize a run? 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jtf51974, when you see Run displayed on the screen, tap the screen to scroll through the Exercise Shortcuts.  When Walk is visible, press & hold the side button to activate the Walk exercise.  Press & hold the button again to end the activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that but walk isn't an option. Others like bike, elliptical, etc. we're there, but not walk. 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jtf51974 then take a look at this doc http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1980/

It can be found in Fitbits interacive help site.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to go into the app and click on the picture of the charge 2 (top left hand corner) to open the settings. Once in go to "exercise shortcuts" - by default this will be full so you need to delete at least one that you don't/won't use. Once deleted you can then click on "add exercise" and then add "walk" to the shortcuts.

Once you have done this sync the app with your tracker and it will then appear on your tracker. Now when you track a walk you will get breakdown of splits etc plus if you have your phone with you you'll also get a map

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. That did the trick. Can't wait to get out there today and properly track my walks! Thanks again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this is what I'm experiencing. I do this all the time since I'm not able to run 10 mins straight and my score keeps dropping all the time meanwhile my RHR keeps improving every morning. Now I think I need to make use of the Pause button when I start to walk through my runs. What do you think? 

FitbitSense, TeamFitbit, TeamPixel, Scientist, Gamer!
Best Answer
0 Votes