Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are working, but not text

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help!  I have been all over the community boards and have read every post I could find and I still can't figure out what the problem is!  Have a new Charge 2 and I can't get text notifications to work.  My phone is a Turbo 2.  Phone call notifications are coming through just fine as are calendar notifications, just not text.  My phone notification bar shows Fitbit Notifications - notifications are running.  I have tried all 3 options for text use and notifications, Hangouts, Message+ (this is the one I prefer to use), and Messaging and have had NO luck with any of them sending notifications.  I've reset my Charge 2, Bluetooth connection, phone, everything I could find that might help and nothing has worked.  I even had my company IT guys look at it and they are stumped why it's not working.  Figured I would post my dilemna to see if anybody has any advice or ideas how to fix it before I give up and return it!  Much thanks!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

It's great to see you around @stinarose! Follow the steps that @annie-nz shares here, they worked for me. Let me know the good news! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this did not work for me, I apparently do not have the same phone as the author, none of those options show on my settings.  When I go into the App Info for Message+, under notifications there is nothing that refers to pop ups. Still receiving call and calendar notifications, no text.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @stinarose, @annie-nz says tyey have a Samsung phone, what type of phone do you have.  I ask only because, usually a problem like this is in the phone, or texting app settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Droid Turbo 2.  But, by sheer luck I think I figured out the problem...  I normally keep my phone on silent, but I had turned the volume on when I went to another room and while in there I got a text and a notification showed up on my Fitbit all of a sudden.  So, after a few more test text msgs and playing with the volume, I realized the notifications don't come through unless the volume is turned up.  Kind of strange and makes no sense but it's all good, at least now I know what the problem was and seems to be.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep forgetting about that, some phones turn on the DND with the volume off. If the text app honors tye DND it will not send the notifacation. 

Glad your back on track

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and I am using Message +  as well.  Has anyone else had luck with using this messaging app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure the volume on your phone is on.  I found out the hard way that if phone is on silent text notifications did not come through.  I turned my volume up, even to vibrate, and the notifications come through on my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought the text message notifications only worked with the standard messaging app. Others like Facebook, Hangouts or Message+ will not work. Is your standard messaging app not sending notifications to the tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought maybe that was it too. However, I do get a text notification just doesn't give me the details. Seems if the message+ app wasn't going to work it wouldn't work at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't get a lot of details, mainly who the text is from and the first line of the message.  For me it's enough to know if I need to pick up my phone and actually read and/or respond right away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi I feel your pain. My Charge 2 is exactly the same. I have tried everything the threads advise more than once but I can’t get calls or texts!  I get calendar reminders and nothing else. It’s very frustrating.  I hope they get this sorted out ASAP.    Would love to hear any ideas for getting this sorted ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes