Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no message or sender with text notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

***SOLVED!!!! I had to enable preview pop-ups for texts on my phone***

I had to go into settings -> application manager -> messages (the app Im using) -> notifications -> then select previews in pop-ups so that these are enabled on your phone. I found when I chose Messenger on both my phone and in the fitbit app it worked so then realised it had to be a little change somewhere in the Messages app settings and thats what it was. Let me know if you get stuck Femme heureuse

Hi - I have a Samsung Note 4 & have enabled/selected for SMS text messages to display the sender and message on my charge 2 and also turned notifications "on" on my tracker. I recieve a notification when I get a text but it does not go on to tell me who the sender is or what the message says. When I get call notifications it tells me the name of the caller but again not with a text/SMS. Any idea why anybody please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi ive updated my comment as I figured it out and have written what I did. Hopefully it works for you too.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

I'm having the same issue 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

im having the same issue    

any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ive updated my comment as I figured it out and have written what I did. Hopefully it works for you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad you have it working.

Since there is no response with an edit of your first post.. There is no way to mark your answer as a solution, I've marked your response pointing to your OP as a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

***SOLVED!!!! I had to enable preview pop-ups for texts on my phone***

I had to go into settings - application manager - messages (the app Im using) - notifications - then select previews in pop-ups so that these are enabled on your phone. I found when I chose Messenger on both my phone and in the fitbit app it worked so then realised it had to be a little change somewhere in the Messages app settings and thats what it was. Let me know if you get stuck Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me. I went to settings, then Messages and I don't have the "preview pop up option." I have an Iphone 6 . When I first put on my Charge 2 yesterday, texts and calls were working but now they are not. Any idea what I am doing wrong??  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I just got the Charge 2, 5 days ago. I got text alerts on the fit for a couple of days. Now nothing. I have IPhone 6 IOS10

Best Answer
0 Votes

My partner has the same phone as both you ladies (iphone) and works in IT so il ask him to take a look at his phone and see what the set up is. I will get back to you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually fixed my problem. It was a Bluetooth conflict between my iPhone and iPad. I turned off the Bluetooth on my iPad and started getting messages again on my Fitbit. Hope that helps

Sent from Mo's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iphone6. I have had the  fit bit charger 2 for 3 months. I love it. 2 days ago it stop  receiving notifications from  Texts calls and events. I check my iPhone all the  Notification planes are enabled. I didn't make any chances. I reviewed the posting and checked everything they  suggested. Not sure what to do next. That's my favorite thing about the charager 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact issue here! Using iPhone 7 plus. I did not make any changes, and I am no longer receiving the prompts to get my extra steps in each hour, or any text or phone call notifications. Please help, this is getting frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank. It is working now! Not sure what I did but seems ok! Thanks anyway.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sometimes you just have to take the victories however they come

Sent from Mo's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues as above users. i have an Iphone 6s plus and I used to get phone calls and texts on my charge 2 and I no longer get these....can you help. i don't see that you have replied to any of the iphone users on this yet....

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had issues because I have iPhone and iPad. I fixed the issue by turning off Bluetooth on iPad and only have my phone connected. Make sure you have receive msg on your watch. Hope that helps
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to fix it by going into my message settings and making sure
preview message was on.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I discovered I had somehow inadvertently turned off the text notification on my Charge2.
I had to find this out by pressing the home button on the side of it over and over to see all of my settings and options. I still have no idea how I turned it off, as it's something I would never do!
Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the fitbit surge and I can get the notification that I have a text or call, but it will not tell me from who or display the text. I have a Samsung note 5 phone. The notifications are enabled on the device, my Bluetooth is on. The pop up messages are enabled on my phone. Can someone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes