Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate not working?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just got my Fitbit 2 on Christmas eve.

2 things:

My heart rate history is stopping for the last 3 days around noon time? After that is not recording, however I got a pulse on the fitbit 2.

Second thing and more important is that my fitbit 2 is not giving me the correct data when I am working out. It is only going to 100/110 beats per minute, whilst my real heartbeat at that times is between 140 and 170??

Any solutions on both questions, before I am throwing it to the wall....

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok - I've discovered that you need to completely close the fit bit app (double click home and swipe up on your iPhone) and then relaunch it. 

This retrieved and shows all the heart rate data tracked. 

Must be be a glitch in the app. 

Hope me that helps - worked for me. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Hey - I have the same problem with the history stopping around noon so just wanted to get on this thread.  

Havnt been for a run yet so can't comment on your second issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a Charge 2 as a gift for Christmas and, with the exception of a synch isue with an Android phone,it has been great. However, in the middle of last night (28-29 Decemebr) the heart rate monitor ceased to function. The twin green lights are now off and the heart rate is blank on the device and the app. HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok - I've discovered that you need to completely close the fit bit app (double click home and swipe up on your iPhone) and then relaunch it. 

This retrieved and shows all the heart rate data tracked. 

Must be be a glitch in the app. 

Hope me that helps - worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Mazzer, that worked! 1 problem solved! now the other one, not getting my heart beat the right way when doing excercises/fitness

Best Answer

I am having the same problem after owning the charge 2 for only 2 weeks. I am ready to send it back for a refund. Anyone know of a simple fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem with the heart rate not tracking while working out. Mine is not registering anything for most of my active time. I rode the bike this morning for 40 mins, and it only logged 12 minutes worth of heart rate. This is not the first time this has happened to me and I've had my Charge 2 for just over 2 weeks. Please, someone help! This is very frustrating.

Best Answer
I had a Charge 2 and after 2 weeks the heart rate function quit working . Called Fitbit support and they tried to get it working over the phone with me. Still didn’t work after trying various setups. Decided the tracker was defective. They sent me a replacement Charge 1. It is not the same model as a Charge 2. Didn’t understand why they got this wrong. If you deal with them over the phone, ask specifically for the Charge 2 replacement.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

So I'm using the website to view all of my data, all I see is a tracking of the resting heartrate.  Is there supposed to be a graph of the full heartrate data?  I want to be able to match the disturbances in my sleep with my heartrate at that moment.

Best Answer

i just worked through the same issue... heart rate stopped showing on my charge 2... i got help from the support chat... i restarted the device and then synched it and it resumed showing my heart rate

Best Answer
Hi: Sorry to hear that you had problems with the heart rate monitor also. The help tech had me restart my charge 2, three times and it would not work. Opted for a replacement. They sent me a charge 1. No problems so far.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi: Sorry to hear that you had problems with the heart rate monitor also. The help tech had me restart my charge 2, three times and it would not work. Opted for a replacement. They sent me a charge 1. No problems so far.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem 😞 

By exercise don't work all time the heart rate....only sometimes....and not objective....by the same exercise so big difference.... 75 - 180 ?!?!?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 2 was working ok since I bought it on 20 March. But 2 days ago it stopped tracking heart rate. The green lights is not flashing. I set heart rate on, auto, off and then again to on, auto, each time  did synch, restarted device, updated, but still it is not tracking heart rate (green lights are not flashing). Heart rate is the main feature why I bought this device, so I hope you have an idea how to solve this issue. I also contacted customer support. 

Best Answer
Seems this is a common problem with the Charge 2 model. I would request a replacement or ask for a refund and get a different model.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine records data, I just don't know how to view the graph or whatever would match the heart rate with the time of day on the dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah,  reading the forum it seems so that it is a common problem of  the Charge 2 model 😞 Therefore if customer service will not say magic words  how to solve it, I will ask to refund it or to change at least. 

Best Answer

Hey. So I logged on in hopes to solve or fix this exact issue with my HR rate tracking SO VERY LOW or not at all while I'm in middle of very intense crossfit circuit or my intense cardio on the cybex arc. It's insane. I have owned a Fitbit for years now and the charge 2 hr limited idition( which btw is a major waste of additional money) anyways and have always tracked or ranked in the cardio and peak zones for a year now. ANd all of a suddenly now tracker I see rarely tracking over 40 min cardio on a hour session with high high level and intensity intervals and never able to reach any oeak tome. I know for fact it all incorrect and feeling I waste don't 200.00 back in January 2017. OLS help 

Best Answer

I would recommend you to contact Fitbit. They check online how your item works and if it is not possible to fix, they change it. In my case they checked my account, the options were ok and they changed it very fast. I received new item during a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Yesterday i bought my brand new fitbit charge 2. The next day, during my workout, i saw symbol "--" on my (heart rate) tracker. Since then, it does not seem to work properly. It's sad, because I love the app. When heart tracker isn't working, the working-out and sleeping results won't be accurate... Got my watch one day, and it doesn't seem to get better. There are a lot of other topics about issue and i haven't seen one solution... Don't tell me about putting heart rate on auto, or on, or restarting the device. My device does not even want to restart, although i am following the steps correctly. I am starting to think the heart rate tracker is junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes