Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water damage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My Fitbit Charge HR has become water damaged. it wont turn on, I have tried leaving it in rice for a full day but nothing is working. I have only had it a few months and was very careful when it came to getting it wet. After a day of intense training and a ton of persperation it stopped working I was aware that it was water resistant, I never went swimming with it, I took it off when I showered, so it came as a bit of a shock when it stopped working after a sweaty workout. if I send in my damaged Charge HR will Fitbit stand by their product and send me a new one, or fix my damage one. 

-Lisa 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Best thing to do would be to contact customer support and explain the situation:

contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course, this is assuming that your suspicion that this is caused by water damage is correct. Could it just be a coincidence? It might be worth trying the restart a few times - it does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues. Here's how:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello again,
I did try and restart it a few times but the clock face has stopped working, so nothing shows up on when I try and restart it. Also some water has gotten into where the clock face is so I'm assuming that's the main issue.

Thanks,
Lisa
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit family @LisaP923! I hope you're doing great!

If you  have already tried the suggestions that @SteveH mentioned and the issue persists the issue might be that your tracker was in contact with water, try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Place your tracker into a bowl of dry rice for 24 hours. This will extract any moisture that remains inside the device.
  2. After your tracker has been in rice for 24 hours, attempt to restart your tracker.
  3. Plug your tracker into the charging cable, which needs to be connected to your computer. Please make sure that the gold dots on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charging cable.
  4. Hold down the button on your tracker for 10-12 seconds.
  5. Remove the tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen illuminates. If the screen turns on, you should be back on track.

If your tracker still unresponsive contact the Support Team so they can review your device history and give you the options. 

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

@LisaP923 as well as the other helpful advice, instead of rice try the silicone packets that come with any vitamins etc -- they are good at sucking water out.  put in a pyrex with the watch and seal it -- it may work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Did you get a response to this? I was hunting yesterday and doing drives through the woods are a lot of hard work (1st day of hunting I had 20,000 steps in) so I sweat a lot. My fitbit stopped working in a drive yesterday and I see water in the little window of the tracker part that touches your wrist. Aren't they supposed to be able to get sweaty?? Please let me know if they did anything for you. I am pretty upset. lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this did happen a few years ago, however they sent me a new one after this post they were really helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone reply to this or help you? I have had the same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I have the same problem. I wore mine swimming but it’s supposed to be water proof! It turns on and all but the screen doesn’t react when u touch it. I’ve tried almost everything and the company won’t do anything about it. It’s sad that it didn’t even last me 2 years 😞

Best Answer

it is not waterproof it's sweat proof

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not true. I accidentally went swimming in a pool with my fitbit inspire hr on, and it was okay.

Best Answer

The Fitbit inspire HR says "swimproof" on the box. - EDIT: 2 issues with this thread. 1) a Google for "Fitbit Inspire HR water in watch face" brings one to this thread. 2) an attempt to reply to a specific user, like Cora last month by simply hitting reply on my browser, doesn't tag Cora but may alert other users. I assume you all know which device you're using and if it is water proof or not. And you can probably choose to mute the notifications that may be sent to you externally. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge HR is NOT waterproof. You can wash your hands wearing it but you can't swim or shower as it's not sealed and you'll easily short it out unless you're super crafty with glue (yes, I've seen this done but haven't performed a procedure like this myself). Your tracker is probably dead. You can sometimes find Charge HR "brains" (the components and circuitry to drop into your band) for $10 on eBay. You'll just need super small TORX and Phillips heads (Charge uses both) to transfer. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CoraV. yes, Inspire can be used for swimming. This is the Charge forum and Charge isn't waterproofed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@johsy correct, Inspire can be used for swimming. Charge (the forum we're chatting in) isn't waterproof whatsoever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This post is literally from five years ago.... they sent me a new one at the time which agin was 5 years ago 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have a Fitbit that has Alexa so if I hold the button for a couple of seconds Alexa turns on so what do I do

Best Answer
0 Votes