Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water reminder for Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have no idea at all if this has been brought up, probably has. Maybe you already have a setting for it that i have no idea about, but. I personally am an absolute ADD/ADHD person who will constantly forget about drinking my water.

And thus i get maybe a bottle of water in me a day which is like 16oz. Wouldn't it be a great idea to add a reminder to drink water ever like 5-10mins or so on the app. Where every time it reminds you, then the watch buzzes or something. Completely new to the Fitbit fam, so like i said, maybe the feature exists and i haven't  found it or something.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Welcome to the Community, @ReaganKindred.

Great news, this feature has been released on Charge 4 for users that have premium subscription. For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Premium? and What are the reminders I see on my Fitbit device?.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have this option...

Uh. I don't know how to insert a photo. But I only have:

• Notifications
  • Reminders to move
  • Main goal
  • Wrist placement
  • Device lock
  • Exercise shortcuts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums, @Jones_.

I appreciate the information provided. Do you have a premium subscription? As mentioned, this feature is available for users that have premium subscription. For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Premium? and What are the reminders I see on my Fitbit device?.

Have a good day!

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have a premium account. 
I am posting this reply from a computer, so i can add a screenshot:
Screenshot Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I already have tried the following:
- Logging out and in

- Force stopping the app and restart

- Restarting my phone

- Reconnected my tracker.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for the attachment, @Jones_.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this water reminder issue. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep the stepping up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So here's an update. I had contact with chat. They couldn't help me, so they've opened a ticket and I provided screenshots. Still no answer, but I found out something: 

My son has an Ace 2, and has these wellness reminders. He has his device connected to his Samsung Tab A running Android 10. 

I am using my Charge 4 connected to my Google Pixel 4, running Android 11.

Today I connected the Ace 2 (with these reminders) to my Samsung Tab S7+ (running Android 11) and voilá, the Wellness reminders options is gone here too! The only reminder is - you can probably guess it - "Reminder to move" .

I think it might has to do something with the Android version. 

So, do any of you run Android 11 here? It would be fairly stupid though, if the latest version of Android, 11, would not be supported. Especially now fitbit is part of the Google family 😂 

Best Answer

So... Like almost 8 months later, still haven't had any updates or replies from FitBit customer service / tech support. Still no reminders either.

Isn't it available for the Netherlands? I really "need" a water reminder 😅

Best Answer

Can you try going to Fitbit app on your phone and get to this page then click on Charge4

37F1302A-0667-411B-8662-0F7136110B49.jpeg

 then scroll down to Health & Wellness Reminders. 

D5A095B8-7666-4F2D-A2FA-3E149145FA8D.jpeg

 Click there and then you should see the following 

483EE1C3-A1D2-474D-98A2-2D9AF94D3B4B.jpeg

 how often does the reminder go off? I do not know since I do not use it. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

That's strange, I don't have that 'Health and Wellness reminders' option and I'm on premium and I have a Android /Huawei. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Alejandra,

I am a Dutch user of fitbit and the suggested solution by for example KennySen is not possible for me since the UI looks not the same on my app. I pay every month for my Premium account. None of the mentioned options appear on my app!

I will attach the following screenshots of my UI:

Settings

Settings > Health and Wellness

Settings > Health and Wellness > Nutrition

Settings > Health and Wellness > Nutrition > Water Goal

and: Settings > Charge 4

I also want to use water reminders.

Juut

Settings > Charge 4:

_Settings-Charge4.png

Settings:

Settings.png

Settings > Health and Wellness:

Settings-Health and wellness.png

Settings > Health and Wellness > Nutrition:

Settings-Health and wellness-Nutrition.png

Settings > Health and Wellness > Nutrition > Water Goal:

Settings-Health and wellness-Nutrition-Water goal.png

Best Answer

Frankly, the fact that this "feature" is only available on Charge 4 for users with a premium subscription is preposterous. Why are free users able to be reminded to get up and move, but not reminded to hydrate? Is there a company justification for the choice to put a paywall there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been 1,5 years, and I still don't have this option. Premium user, had and update today. I think I'm giving up. Saving up for a Google OS smartwatch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so so so totally confused by this...... so this thread has been on the go for almost 2 years....

According to info in the thread, hydrate reminders were implemented for premium users, even though many premium users have evidenced that the option/functionality isn't there. 

I don't understand how this feature suggestion -  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Hydration-reminder-notification-on-Fitbit-device... -- raised on the 3rd June this year, didn't receive a response of 'it's already there, but only for premium' .

maybe it was worked on, then shelved/forgot about to actually implement. It IS a very useful idea 

Best Answer
0 Votes