Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear Charge while surfing?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Will it harm my Charge fitbit if I wear it while I'm surfing?
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@surfnDad

It's sweatproof but will not stand up to being in the shower/bath or swimming with it. You can sweat, run while it's raining out and wash hands with it though.

If you want a fitness tracker for surfing/swimming i'd suggest an AW as from what I can tell those can be submerged pretty deep. Just don't go diving with it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Hey @surfnDad welcome to the Community! I see that @matt9013 provided the info you were looking for and that you saw other posts about this. If you feel that you get too sweaty, I recommend cleaning your Charge according to our product care page after exercising to avoid any issue. 

See you, I'll be around! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7
Never mind, I saw the posts: don't even wear it in the shower.
Hmmm. when I exercise, I get VERY sweaty. This is not good.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@surfnDad

It's sweatproof but will not stand up to being in the shower/bath or swimming with it. You can sweat, run while it's raining out and wash hands with it though.

If you want a fitness tracker for surfing/swimming i'd suggest an AW as from what I can tell those can be submerged pretty deep. Just don't go diving with it.

Best Answer

Hey @surfnDad welcome to the Community! I see that @matt9013 provided the info you were looking for and that you saw other posts about this. If you feel that you get too sweaty, I recommend cleaning your Charge according to our product care page after exercising to avoid any issue. 

See you, I'll be around! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Did you even read the question? He’s surfing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

ya                

Best Answer
0 Votes

I disagree with all the answers. I've been surfing with my fitbit charge 4 for a long time without issues. Before that I surfed for years with my ionic. I prefer the charge, simply because it is less bulky.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MartinJustMarti   This is a rather old thread.  In early 2016, the Charge trackers were said to be splash proof, but you couldn't wear them in the shower.  Your Charge 4 can be worn diving to 50 m.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes