Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to keep my Charge HR clean?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my fitbit but I'm having some issues. I am rather overweight and when I sweat from doing intense walking or other even mild walking sometimes my fitbit and the skin under it will smell bad from it. For example Monday morning I washed my fitbit straps (avoiding the heart rate monitor) with warm water and soap before I showers, dried it thoroughly and left it whilst I showered. When I went out at 10 by 1pm I could already smell the odour when I sniffed my wrist and fitbit strap.

What's the best way to keep my fitbit clean?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I agree that it has nothing to do with your weight. The back of my Alta HR gets crud on the back of it in the grooves. I cleaned it out with a toothpick and used an old toothbrush and soap to clean the whole thing (yes, even the charging part). Dried it carefully and it smelled OK again. 

(the crud is likely dead skin cells with sweat and some dirt. It's natural to accumulate that when you wear it nonstop like I do, and probably like you do, too. I like to track my steps and my sleep so it's only off my wrist when I shower.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.  It's not from the band.. it's under the Fitbit itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had this same issue. I first rub everything down well with rubbing alcohol for a few mins then I use 1 drop of doterra lemon oil on a cotton swab and rub the entire Fitbit making sure it gets in the tiny grooves and everything. Seems to work well for me.  I clean it once a week or every 2 weeks. 

Best Answer

That sounds doable. I have some lavender oil I can use.

Best Answer
0 Votes