Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge 2 factory reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The fitbit charge 2 made me have numbness and I need to return it to the store.  How do I factory reset the charge 2?  Is it true that you can't factory reset it?  I don't want to return it with my info on it.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That's correct @gammie4ll the Charge 2 doesn't have a factory reset. May I ask what information of yours you think might be on it?

It has your step count, stride, and maybe your BMR, plus an address that the server uses to determine the Fitbit account that the tracker links to. So yes ir will display todays steps, but the get reset at midnight,, so tomorrow are gone. Now if the tracker is removed from your account, then there is not account linked to the tracker.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

That's correct @gammie4ll the Charge 2 doesn't have a factory reset. May I ask what information of yours you think might be on it?

It has your step count, stride, and maybe your BMR, plus an address that the server uses to determine the Fitbit account that the tracker links to. So yes ir will display todays steps, but the get reset at midnight,, so tomorrow are gone. Now if the tracker is removed from your account, then there is not account linked to the tracker.

Best Answer

One of the things you can do is to remove the device from your account before returning it.  To do this, go to the Dashboard, click on the Cog wheel in the upper right of the Dashboard.  Click on the Charge 2 icon.  If you then scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is an option to remove the Charge 2 from the account.

Best Answer

I know this has been solved and my question relates to removing from account. If I remember a device from my account, would it be on the setup screen if somebody else goes to use it (say if I want to gift it)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

To remove the device from the account. follow the advice in my previous post on how to remove the device from an account.  You click on the cog wheel in the upper right hand corner of the Dashboard, click on the appropriate device icon and then scroll to the bottom of the ensuing page and click on "Remove Device from Account."

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no cog wheel on my dashboard.  Any other suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner I see this is your first post in this thread. 

Since there are 5 different dashboards and 3 have an old and new version. 

Which dashboard on what device do you have what question about? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Instead of using the app, go to the website and log into your account. There you should be able to to see and remove your Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes