Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Stopwatch - Single View

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The Charge 2 stopwatch functionality is lacking in that you can only view the stopwatch timer until you stop it completely. It should function like the workout timers so you can tap on the band to view the time or other information. I want to be able to time something in the background but still be able to see the time. Currently the tap functionality does nothing in stopwatch mode, so it would be any easy improvement to have taps cycle through the display.
Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@Glorypants, in stop watch mode the tap shows the stop watch screen.  This is what I would expect.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
I mean the tap once you're already viewing the stopwatch. Like while timing in excercise mode, you can tap to view other metrics, the current time, etc.
Best Answer

I'm not sure what type of stopwatch metrics that you want to scroll through, or do you want to aw your daily steps? 

Best Answer

The original fitbit  charge stopwatch used to work properly. ..i.e. you could start stopwatch and flip through all other screens while timer kept going. Not sure why they removed this functionality!

Is there a workaround Fitbit?

Best Answer

@benoya that's because the original Charge Stopwatch was not a stopwatch, but an event tracker. Flipping through the screens did display your daily stats, it only displayed your current events stats, plus the clock. 

If you want to see this on the Charge 2 you would want to use the Charge 2's tracking function. Swipe to exercise - tap the screen - choose the event you want and start. 

On like the charge which recorded any manually started event as a workout, then need to edit. On the Charge 2 you can have up to 7 types of events that can be recorded straight from the tracker. 

Best Answer
I think the point benoya had and my point is that the stopwatch state locks you out of the rest of the band functionality, which makes it unusable for anything longer than single stopwatch uses. I want to be able to time something (*not* an exercise) for a little while without blocking myself out for them time/steps/HR functionality. I can time how long my friend can hold his breath, but I can't time how long my 30+ minute meeting takes because that means I can't check the time during that period.
Best Answer

@Glorypants i understood what your saying, that's why I was not responding to your post, but responding to a post that misunderstood what the tracking function on the Charge did.. Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

Knock-Knock . Anybody home Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whats up @Rykmann, im not sure what the question is, seeing that this is your first post in this thread?

As for someone from Fitbit responding, probavly not, since this is a comunity of Fitbit users tyat are here to help Fitbit Users.

This whole thread is based on the misunderstanding thelat tye Charge has a stopwatch, it does not, it is an evrnt tracker.

This thread is about why the stopwatch on the Charge 2 doesnt work like the event tracker on the Charge does. They are not suppose to, a stopwatch measures time, an event tracker records activity.

Now the Charge 2 has a multi event tracking function that is on steroids compared to the Charge.

See this doc on how to track an event like walk/run/yoga/ or weight lifting using the multi tracker mode. http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1785/

So for the answer to the origanal question of wby the stats cant be seen while using the stopwatch on the charge 2, is because it is a stopwatch and not an event tracker.

Have you download and read the Charte 2 manual yet?

Go to the bottom of this page > click on the word help > click on the pretty picture of your tracker > your now in the interactive help guide for your tracker. You will see a link to download your manual here.

Best Answer

Rich, thanks for replying.

"This thread is about why the stopwatch on the Charge 2 doesnt work like the event tracker on the Charge does. They are not suppose to, a stopwatch measures time, an event tracker records activity."

The stopwatch measures time and the event tracker measures time + HR, etc. Even though the stopwatch isn't tracking HR, it still is monitoring that information at its normal rate and it knows what time it is. This thread is a feature request to be able to see that other information in the background while the stopwatch is running.

Just saying that the stopwatch doesn't operate like the event tracker because it's not an event tracker isn't really an answer. The point is to have a backgrounding feature of the event tracker as part of the stopwatch. At this point, the stopwatch is still unusable for most needs.

Best Answer

@Glorypants did you read the article i linked to in my last post? This explains tye threeways you can use the Charge 2 to isolate and record events.

The charge2 has an exercise tracking function like tye Charge does. Unlike the Charge that will record the exercise as a workout, and you need to rename later, the Charge 2 has a multimode tracking function allowing the user to choose one of 7 typs of events to directly record. Some even are able to record a map of the path taken.

The stopwatch is a basic stopwatch that was added at the request of Fitbit users. If you dont want it, it can be easily removed through the menu settings option under your trackers settings..

Best Answer

I do not use the stopwatch as an event tracker - but use it as a stopwatch. E.G. Time how long before my eggs are hard boiled. Problem is that once I fire up the stopwatch I am locked into stopwatch mode and cannot scroll to the time, call up my heart rate etc. I had a charge HR before it disintegrated, and when the stopwatch (or any function ) was running you could scroll through and read the results of all the functions. Maybe I am missing something but it seems that this functionality is missing from the Charge2 and it would be nice if Fitbit responded as to whether they are going to reintroduce this functionality or not.

Best Answer

The reason your so called stopwatch on the Charge allowed you to scroll through the stats of the workout yhat you where recording, is because you ehere using the workout mode, and not a stopwatch.

These stats you saw where only what was recorded since the workout mode was started and not your total daily stats.

As for as getting a response from Fitbit, if one of the few moderators happen to notice this thread, then maybe it will happen. This however is a comunity board setup so tyat the comunity of Fitbit users are able to help each other out.

To contact fitbit you will find a link in your app unser Account - Help, or look in the top right corner and click on the question mark.

Now if you still want to use the workout mode to record your eggs, please still feel free to do so. This can be still done by following the link above to see thevinstructions on how to.

Best Answer

Thank you Rich, new to fitbit and had same question as glorypants. Reading your posts showed me how when I walk I can see time etc. thru the tracker. I found this thread by googling fitbit for dummies. Going back to find answers to other questions   thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all,

This has still not been resolved, despite it being over 18 months since the original message. 

I’ve just upgraded to HR charge 2 and it’s infuriating that once I start the stopwatch, I can’t do anything else on my Fitbit until I stop it. @Rich_Laue, this is the problem. This is basic UI/X. Please let the powers that be know.

I’ve read the entire thread and this has nothing to do with workout functions, nothing to do with any other function, just the stopwatch itself. 

please advise and thank you for your time 

Best Answer

Prey @Qazwho this thread is in the community help board , where the community of Fitbit users help out each other. What kind of resolution do you want from your fellow Fitbit users? 

Are you asking about the stopwatch or the multisport tracking mode? What fitbitFdevice are you upgrading from? Did that device have this ability? 

The original poster was asking about seeing the running stats while in the stopwatch mode like they could in the stopwatch mode of the Charge .Unfortsnatrly the Charge does not have a stopwatch mode. 

The original poster was trying to use the stopwatch as the exercise tracker. This is why this thread was moved. it is not a request for a new feature but a misunderstanding of the way the Charge 2 works. 

The question in the first post was answered by explaining that they where not using the functions correctly.. 

I did a search of the Feature request board and found a request from January I of 2018, certainly not 18 months ago but barely 4 months old. 

With only 40 votes it does not seem to be popular. 

Track exercise and use stopwatch at same time

Basically iIthink people want the ability to exit the stopwatch or exercise mode and have it continue into the background .Unfortanately the Charge 2 does not have a true operating system and does not allow background functions to run. 

Best Answer

Glorypants, I have the same question. Most of the people responding to you don't get it. I want to be able to see what time it is while I'm timing something with my stopwatch! See the clock  without stopping the stopwatch. It's that simple.  I can't believe I can't do it on the Charge 2! Terrible design.

Best Answer

Oh I get it, but since the Charge 2 does not run a true operating system, this might not be easily possible. It could be setup with an extra line on the stopwatch that has the time. 

I'll check later, but I believe that the multisport mode has a screen with the time .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate I'm replying to a 2016 posting but I'm puzzled by the Charge 2 I got at xmas. I was tracking a "hike" and wanted to use the stopwatch for navigation purposes but I couldn't without stopping the hike tracking. You seem to only be able to have one mode working at a time which is a pity.

I'm not sure the stopwatch has the basic functionality of elapsed and lap timings.

Best Answer