Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Fitbit charge 2 to another user

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I transfer Fitbit charge 2 to another user?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Grn If you received notifications on your Charge 2 or used Connected GPS, it might be worth double checking to see if the Charge 2 is still Bluetooth bonded to your mobile device. Even if the Charge 2 isn't paired to your Fitbit account, it's possible that it can still be Bluetooth bonded to your mobile device. If there is a connection in your Bluetooth settings, I'd recommend forgetting the Bluetooth bond.

Afterwards, your friend should be able to pair the Charge 2 to their Fitbit account by following the instructions listed here.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@Grn  You just need to remove it from your account (also remove from blue tooth settings on your phone as well) and give it to them.  Once they set it up under their own account, it will start over with their stats.

Hope that helps~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
Tried that, but still not accepting on other iPhone. How do I delete my info so it can start all over?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your phone near while trying to attach it to the new phone?

You need to unbind the tracker from your phone, Go to your phones BT settings and tell Bluetooth to forget the tracker.

BTW when the tracker gets attached to the new account,  the tracker b is reset and would nevremived from your account, if it had not been done yet.

Best Answer

@Grn If you received notifications on your Charge 2 or used Connected GPS, it might be worth double checking to see if the Charge 2 is still Bluetooth bonded to your mobile device. Even if the Charge 2 isn't paired to your Fitbit account, it's possible that it can still be Bluetooth bonded to your mobile device. If there is a connection in your Bluetooth settings, I'd recommend forgetting the Bluetooth bond.

Afterwards, your friend should be able to pair the Charge 2 to their Fitbit account by following the instructions listed here.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Thanks so much for suggestions. Finally got it transferred - had to turn off the Bluetooth settings on phone, and delete app, of course. Thanks again for all the help - what a great group of people!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My wife deleted her fitbit app then account. On original iPhone after forgetting it somehow re-paired according to my wife. She made iPhone forget fitbit again then turned off Bluetooth. Currently when BlueTooth on and.searching for nearby devices it doesn't see the fitbit.

On new Android app I'm able to start pairing process, the four digits come up on Fitbit Charge 2, I enter them on phone, then phone spends 45 seconds saying Connecting, then leaves me in Fitbit app Settings page where I started. However, the Fitbit Charge 2 isn't listed as a device, just our Aria scales.

We've played around several times all with this same result. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Joe123456789 

As for your wife searching through the Bluetooth settings for the tracker, as we know this is not the right way. and can not be done. 

If your trying to connect the tracker up to your account, why is she searching. 

First make sure that the tracker has been removed from her Bluetooth list .make sure it is not listed on your phones Bluetooth also .

Check for Fitbit updates and restsrtrthe tracker and phone . .

Now try the setup again, until it is setup, it will not show on your account. 

BTW your wife did not delete her Fitbit account, the user is unable to do this .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a new charge 3 and wanted to transfer my old charge 2 to a family member.  The charge 2 was working fine.  I removed it from my account, had the family member open a new fitbit account and could not get the charge 2 to connect. Did a chat with Technical and after 30 minutes and multiple tries were not successful the agent said there must be something wrong with the out of warranty charge 2.  I tried to reconnect the fitbit charge 2 back to my old account and it will not connect.  Strange how a fully functional tracker stopped working when I bought a new one. I guess fitbit does not want you to be able to transfer old units to family members so they disable that function.  Since i paid for and own the old tracker I should be able to use it within the fitbit system.

This will be my last fitbit

Best Answer

You say that you removed the Charge 2 from your account which is an optional step. 

Have you removed the Charge 2 from your phones Bluetooth? 

Having the Charge 2 still connected to your phones Bluetooth could keep your phone from seeing it. 

A thoughts, with not knowing the phone model your family member has. 

• Go into your phones bluetooth
  • Remove the Charge 2
  • Log out of your Fitbit account. 
  • Setup the Charge 2
  • Log out of family members account. 
  • Check if the Charge 2 is in your phones Bluetooth and remove. 
  • Open the Fitbit app on family members phone. 
  • Approve any permissions requested. 
  • They should be setup. 

If more help is needed knowing the phone models would be nice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the charge 2 was removed from all phones Bluetooth.  The family member opened a new Fitbit account. A factory reset was done on the charge 2.  When we tried to connect the charge 2 with the new account it would not work.  On a chat the person claimed there was something wrong with the charge 2.  It worked fine before being removed from my account. My phone is an iphone 8 the other phone is an iphone 7 and the OS was checked by the person on the chat. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To my knowledge, the Charge 2 not having Fitbit Pay, has no process for a factory reset, which would not be needed. 

If it worked fine before removing, I don't understand why it would not work now. 

Sorry but my last post was based on the limited info posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have a fitbit from a friend who bought a new one. She removed from her phone and from the website the device. 
Now I tried to install my fitbit, it should say: www.fitbit.com/setup, but it doesn't. I don't seem to be able to connect my fitbit with my phone, nor my laptop. I have a oneplus 7T Pro model phone. 

What can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the fitbit app on the phone. Log into your account. Go to Account in the Fitbit app. 

Tap add device, and follow directions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same issue and what helped me is to uninstall then reinstall app. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes