Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge 3 - multiple issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge 3.  I have a few issues with it though, somewhat of a love/hate relationship with it. Some are apparently known issues and I hope that they are addressed soon.

1. I set my primary goal target as distance not steps (5 miles or some weeks 10 miles) - fitbit will only tell me only when I hit 8.05 miles. I noted that I am not the only one with this issue across multiple devices, not just the charge 3. If it weren't for these forums I would not have known that. I searched on google for the issue I was having and it led me to these forums for a different device. Why 8.05 miles? Weird huh? I knew when I read it on the other forums here that I was not alone.

2. My fitbit does not seem to auto-recognize workouts at all - it only recognizes walking but not running which is hilarious! I have it set to real time tracking (nice job and getting that working again!)  If fitbit does recognize it, it's under resting heart rate which is truly weird. It logs my peak and cardio but no where else! Weird huh? Now as I was doing a screen grab literally while looking at screen the walking changed to aerobic workout. Strange! Maybe it's 30 minutes off for some weird reason. Though yesterday it gave me no credit at all. It didn't even log it under resting heart rate. I don't know.

Ideas would be grateful. I have done all the re-added my device, turned off Bluetooth/and back on, rebooted both device and phone.

Screenshot_20210330-084424.png

Screenshot_20210330-090310.png

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @PatStubbs,

Have you restarted the Charge 3?  Just plug it in to a computer and press the button on the side for about 10 seconds.  Once you release it, you should see a smiley face signaling a successful reboot.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes thanks I have - all the obvious things 🙂

Best Answer