Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes too low for RPM/Spin

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. When I do a Spin or RPM class, my heart rate is recorded as being lower than it actually is (I know that as I’m puffing but my HR isn’t in a high enough zone for this to happen). My active minutes are also much too low - in a 35 minute class this morning I recorded 20 active minutes, whereas I would record more (& more calories burned) whilst walking. How can I ensure that my Fitbit records accurate active minutes, HR and calorie burn during a spin/RPM class?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ali_63 I'm a spinner too! I've found that the position of my wrist on the handlebar seems to interfere with my Fitbit reading my heart rate correctly. My solution is to push the Fitbit higher up my wrist and use an adjustable knotwork bracelet to keep it there. It looks like this. 

Screenshot_20230819_123739.jpg

I've wrapped headbands or even bandanas around my wrist to do the same thing. You just want to prevent your Fitbit sliding around. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Ali_63 I'm a spinner too! I've found that the position of my wrist on the handlebar seems to interfere with my Fitbit reading my heart rate correctly. My solution is to push the Fitbit higher up my wrist and use an adjustable knotwork bracelet to keep it there. It looks like this. 

Screenshot_20230819_123739.jpg

I've wrapped headbands or even bandanas around my wrist to do the same thing. You just want to prevent your Fitbit sliding around. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Hi!  Thanks for your reply.  I will try that.  Happy spinning! 

Best Answer
0 Votes