Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection always on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My device requires that Bluetooth is enabled in order for it to sync with my mobile.

However I do not leave Bluetooth enabled all the time. Indeed I almost never have a use for it.

Leaving this on permanently is a potential security risk (in public places) and a battery drain.

Is there a way to configure the application so that it only turns on Bluetooth for as long as is needed to sync the device, and then automatically turns it off again, or must I do that myself e.g. turn on Bluetooth, open app, sync, turn off Bluetooth?

Thanks,

Mark

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There's no automatic way of switching bluetooth on / off on your phone. 

I do as you suggest: when I want to sync I turn on bluetooth, open the app, and turn off bluetooth when done.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

There's no automatic way of switching bluetooth on / off on your phone. 

I do as you suggest: when I want to sync I turn on bluetooth, open the app, and turn off bluetooth when done.

Best Answer

Makes sense. There is an app permission called something like "Allow App to change phone settings" which I had thought permits apps to do things like that, but I'll proceed with the same solution we both have - just enable BT when needed to sync it e.g. when the app is opened to look at the stats. Thanks.

Best Answer