Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned has to be wrong?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I bought an Inspire 2 yesterday and as soon as I set it up it had 1000+ calories burned and the history in the app showed I had burned exactly 1717 calories for the past 30+ days even though I didnt even own the watch or had an account until yesterday (lol). Checked my app this morning after being asleep and somehow I have burned 500 calories. Whilst Im aware you burn calories whislyly asleep there is noway you burn 500+.

I'm at a loss on what to do.. I may just return it, this isn't my first wearable device, my Apple Watch did not have wild figures like this, nor did any other cheaper brands like Huawei and Xiaomi.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Stylez_P and welcome to the Community.  This is a very quirky part of Fitbit programming.  It's a quirk with the BMR calories.  When you set up your new account, it included your BMR calories from midnight.  Any calories after setup are both BMR plus activity calories.  And yes, you can go back before you opened your account and see those BMR calories.  I agree with your LOL.

Yes, it's very possible to wake up with 500 calories burned, based on age, sex, height, and weight (everything that's used in the BMR equation). 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes