Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories increase by large amount when charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Im having an issue where im getting about 400-700 Extra calories added to the app every. The circle that fills up on the watch and the amount left until daylie goal also is wrong. I have a daylie goal of 3200 but the circle is almost full at 2200.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Eggennorway , your calories will increase while your Fitbit is charging (or when you are not wearing it) because your baseline (BMR) calories are counted by the app, not the Fitbit.

Your BMR calories are the calories burned just keeping your body alive -- heart beating, blood moving about your body, lungs breathing in and out, stomach digesting and intestines pushing food through, even your brain burns calories...  These are calculated based on the information you fill in when you set up your account: sex, age, height, weight.  They will count even if you do not wear your Fitbit (for example when it is charging).

When you are wearing your Fitbit you will get additional calories counted that come from your activity and they will be added to the calories counted by the app to give you your daily total.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see i wasnt clear enough. 

When i connect the fitbit to the charger i gain 400-700 calories in one big chunk right away. It has nothing to do with bmr.

I charged the fitbit yesterday and i was at 2000 calories. When i disconnected it an hour later my phone told me i had burned 2800 calories. There was no steps or hr registered for the time period. 

Best Answer
0 Votes