Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance Accuracy with HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit HR distances when exercising are way off.  My run this morning is 3.6 miles and it registered it as 5 and the same run on Monday was registered as 4.2.  I also am unable to update this on my Dashboard either.  Very frustrated right now after spending $90+ on a FitBit HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Patty1234567 nice to see you again on the Forums. 

Thanks for reaching out the Fitbit Community. We really appreciate your time and for checking the accuracy of your Inspire HR in your Fitbit Dashboard.

You might get a few extra steps from arm swings since your tracker will sense the movements of your hand. So, as a friendly tip I suggest to wear your Inspire HR in your non dominant arm. It's important to specify whether you wear the device on your dominant or non-dominant wrist during setup, but you can do so on your Fitbit app:

• The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating.
  • The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps.

To start, the Wrist setting is set to non-dominant. Change your wrist setting in the Fitbit app > Account > Inspire HR > Wrist Placement. You can find this information other important facts about Fitbit accuracy here: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

Give it a try and keep me posted on the resolution.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @MTyH welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing  your Fitbit experience with your Inspire HR. Sorry about the different information that you're getting when running. How are you tracking your runs? Are you using Connected GPS option?

There is no option to edit distance on the Fitbit Dashboard at this moment. You can add your comments and votes to have this option in the future hereWe're always interested in ways to improve the product! Thanks for your feedback. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Dashboard shows 4 miles and 9330 steps and I get green for meeting 4 mile goal, but that's not accurate. When I click through on distance, it shows the accurate distance of 2.57 that I actually walked, which would be about 5000 steps. This thing is wildly off in step counting. 

Best Answer

Hi @Patty1234567 nice to see you again on the Forums. 

Thanks for reaching out the Fitbit Community. We really appreciate your time and for checking the accuracy of your Inspire HR in your Fitbit Dashboard.

You might get a few extra steps from arm swings since your tracker will sense the movements of your hand. So, as a friendly tip I suggest to wear your Inspire HR in your non dominant arm. It's important to specify whether you wear the device on your dominant or non-dominant wrist during setup, but you can do so on your Fitbit app:

• The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating.
  • The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps.

To start, the Wrist setting is set to non-dominant. Change your wrist setting in the Fitbit app > Account > Inspire HR > Wrist Placement. You can find this information other important facts about Fitbit accuracy here: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

Give it a try and keep me posted on the resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello,

I can also confirm that this problem is happening to me too. The distances are way off each day and I’ve been running the exact same course each day. I already wear my Fitbit on my non dominant arm, as I have since i purchased it and it is very frustrating since spending a lot of money on this device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. I'm not much of an arm swinger so it didn't matter which wrist I put my Fitbit on. I removed the short band and put the long band on. I started wearing it on my ankle. I always wear socks so that if for some reason the band comes loose the sock will catch it and I will not lose it.  I have been all over town walking with my dog and I always wear my Fitbit on my ankle. Accuracy is 100% improved. We average 9-10 miles daily. 

Best Answer
0 Votes