Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire- losing steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to be losing the tracking of steps on my new inspire. i have had the situation where it looks like the device is resetting, since it will display the wrong time of day and then the steps from that day have disappeared and I start again at 0. I have also had the situation where I lost all steps tracked in multiple days when my battery dies. I usually don't synch every day, but now when i recharge and synch, any steps taken between synchs are lost. This did not happen with previous models. Is this an issue with the Inspire?  

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@eccsteps Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

I will assist you with your missing steps. This is odd. Do you have any manually logged activities? Is there any third party app linked to your account? Although the behavior you describe isn't what it is expected I suggest you try cleaning the contacts using cotton with rubbing alcohol then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this, restart your device and see how it behaves.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire did the same thing today; lost track of the time and reset steps to zero.  I had fully charged my Inspire last night and the battery life was at 80%.  When I tried to sync for a challenge at 10PM, my tracker displayed the time as 3:09 (AM?) and my steps for the day were lost.  😞

Best Answer

Were you ever able to figure out why your Inspire had your steps disappearing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, no, I never did find out why. Has it happened to you, too?
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire reset everything from today back to 0, except calories burned. It also has been reset in my app, except calories burned. I have 93% battery. It is syncing also

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my steps went from 15k+ to 8k.  During an afternoon walk it performed the 10k celebration. When I synced it tonight I was at 8k steps.  This morning my sleep was registered higher than it originally showed in the app in the morning. There seems to be a major glitch when syncing.

Best Answer