Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find sensitivity setting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I need to change the sensitivity bc it is recording steps while I knit but I have searched and searched for a way to do it. Where is the setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Closest thing to sensitivity setting is which hand you are wearing it on, but doubt that will prevent steps from knitting.  Any continuous rhythmic motion of your wrist looks like walking to fitbit.  Same thing would happen playing drums, strumming guitar, petting a dog or cat for long time.  One possibility is to use that time to charge your fitbit.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow , Thank you for sharing your insights. 

@DebbieLynch , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message. 

itbit devices have a finely-tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running.

When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps.

When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement—such as working or cooking—you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps.

For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes