Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exit exercise mode on Inspire 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I turned in running but can’t exit. Can someone please tell me how to do that? Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Turned on*

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dpang A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

To end the workout, press the buttons again and tap Finish. Swipe up to see to see the workout summary and press the buttons to close the summary screen. 

Check out this post about Inspire 2 tips. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This tip does not work. My exercise continues on and won’t stop until I reset the whole darn thing!!!

When you say press buttons, you mean the two on opposite sides, right?  When I press them the Fitbit kicks over to the water lok screen.  
help???!!

Best Answer

@Dobrzyn Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the restart performed prior to posting. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. To end a workout, press both buttons or the two opposite sides, then the "Finish" option should pop up to end the workout. 

Please confirm you're doing this procedure to start and stop: 

1. On your tracker, open the Exercise app 

and swipe to find an exercise.
  2. Tap the exercise to choose it. If GPS is available, an icon appears at the top as your device tries to connect.
  3. Tap the play icon 

to start, or swipe up to set an exercise goal. If you set a goal, press the button or buttons to go back and tap the play icon 
  4. Tap the middle of the screen to scroll through your real-time stats.
  5. To pause or end your workout, press the button or buttons. To resume, tap the play icon 

6. Press the button or buttons again, and tap Finish to end the workout.
  7. Swipe up to see your workout summary.
  8. Press the button or buttons to close the summary screen.
  9. To see your GPS data, sync your tracker and tap the Exercise tile 

in the Fitbit app

If you're still experiencing difficulties, get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to help. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

It takes like 10 minutes to get it to actually do this. ☹️

Best Answer

@javamooney Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

I see where you're coming from. Let's try restarting your Inspire 2 and make sure its settings are properly set by checking this article

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally turned on some kind of tracking exercise and it's been running for about 16plus hours. I have tried to turn it off and it's getting really annoying now. I just want my normal views back. I don't see the option described here to turn if off just a bunch of stats on the extended "exercise tracking". Please help.

Okey dokey. I found the article on how to restart the fitbit and like with most devices when all else fails: reboot.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

@uselessatFBtech Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. I appreciate the restart performed. 

May I know if your tracker is back on track? In the meantime, check out this article about getting started with Fitbit Inspire 2. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me and nothing I do can get rid of it. I’m not getting the Finish option. And when I try and stop it, it goes to the water lick screen and I can’t get out of it. 

HELP

Best Answer

@JudeRoos Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where you're coming from. Let's try restarting your Inspire 2 and make sure you're following this procedure to stop the activity. After this, continue monitoring its functionality. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

me too. accidentally turned it on and i cannot turn it off unless i plug it in and reset. so frustrating.

Best Answer

Finally figured this out for anyone else still having this issue in 2022. 

Quick touch buttons on both sides of Inspire 2 while in an active “exercise” mode. The pause screen comes up. If you touch the screen it will continue. Don’t do this. 

Quick touch both buttons again for finish flags and stats. Do not hold the buttons it will go to water Lock Screen. Best to take it off to do the quick touch, covering both buttons. Kind of annoying it kept going back to water screen.

Hoping this helps some folks! 

Best Answer

Brilliant  - this worked perfectly.  I’ve been incredibly frustrated not being able to effectively stop and finish my Fitbit when I’ve actually finished exercising.   Now I can thank you 😊 

Best Answer

Yay!! Glad I could help! 

Quick touch both buttons together to pause and again both to finish the workout. Lol would’ve been nice to have it in the instructions for the watch :). 

Best Answer

Get F****** real. 9 steps to get out of a mode that this buggy model somehow went into. How about 9 steps to initiate and 1 step to exit. Not happy with my recent purchase 

Best Answer

You should be writing their manuals for them. Their own support documentation is very spotty.

Best Answer

Will hive this a try , thanks: I’ m totally frustrated and hating the inspire - loved my charge two but drowned it in a swimming pool…

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is impossibile to stop. 1st of all it's hard to get the exercise io. I continually get water locked or unlocked. If I get the exercise and hit the button to stop it, it takes me to water locked and then time elapsed running. I tried holding the button and that did the same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been following your instructions repeatedly for more than an hour with no luck getting beyond  water lock unlock running tine6. The screen also shuts down so quickly I often have to start from scratch. Maybe a video would help or a better designed watch. 

Best Answer