Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pause an exercise on Inspire 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen says "pause press button to finish exercise" What button do I push?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

i had this same post a few days ago myself -- push the two sides of the Inspire 2 -- its very unclear in the instructions

Best Answer
Do you mean front and back or the sides, as I pushed both sides and no change

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jeff, do you mean front and back or left and right. I pushed right and left and nothing happened

Best Answer
0 Votes

left and right on the sides of the device is what worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

@geno60 @jeff23r It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community. Thank you for sharing insights on how to pause or end a workout. 

Just wanted to share instructions on how to do it: 

1. On your tracker, open the Exercise app 

and swipe to find an exercise.
  2. Tap the exercise to choose it. If GPS is available, an icon appears at the top as your device tries to connect.
  3. Tap the play icon 

to start, or swipe up to set an exercise goal. If you set a goal, press the buttons to go back and tap the play icon 

4. Tap the middle of the screen to scroll through your real-time stats.
  5. To pause or end your workout, press the buttons. To resume, tap the play icon 

6. Press the buttons again, and tap Finish to end the workout.
  7. Swipe up to see your workout summary.
  8. Press the buttons to close the summary screen.
  9. To see your GPS data, sync your tracker and tap the Exercise tile 

in the Fitbit app.

Have a great week. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appreciate your instructions. Unfortunately they aren't detailed enuf to actually help. "Open "exercise app". How? On phone? On fitbit devise? What exactly do we do? Press both side buttons in device 1x? 2x? Scroll on device up or down? How exactly do we pause an exercise? How exactly after device is dark do we open it and finish exercise? I can not believe that a company is allowed to produce a product with no usable customer instructions.  Don't get me started about the poor user interface for the app. So very disappointed. The device may eventually get set up to work, but not worth it. 

Best Answer

@Gudmama I think your Fitbit Inspire 2's side buttons are sometimes unresponsive. It happened to me too, when my hands were sweaty and the side buttons didn't work for a few minutes. And yes, frustratingly, there is no way there can be an exercise running in the background. You can swipe DOWN though to check time, calories burnt, etc., etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I push the button all that happens is the water lock goes one  never see button to finish?  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I see the button to push to finish and I push it all that happens it the water lock goes on. I never see the finish button. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes