Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 - Not connecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When attempting to pair my device with my phone its stuck on the pairing code screen and after 1 or 2mins sends me back to the today page and says 'Bluetooth must be enabled to activate tracker' Bluetooth is on

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Alversities , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message. 

What mobile device are you using to pair your Inspire 2? (Phone model, please)

What operating system version has it on? (Android 10, iOS 13, etc)

In the meantime, please restart your Inspire 2 How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Turn your phone off/on again. 

Make sure that the Fitbit App is allowed to use Bluetooth. 

Try to setup the Inspire 2 again. 

More can be found here: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung Galaxy A03s

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mum's brand new fitbit inspire 2 is doing the exact same thing. I have done all the steps suggested, restarting phone, clearing Bluetooth devices, restarted fitbit, tried on 3 different devices but the same message about Bluetooth appears after putting the 4 digit linking code in. Any ideas where to go next? Very disappointing as a birthday gift for my mum. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alversities @ClaireA84 ,Thank you for your messages and further info. 

Please on the mobile device, go to the settings> Apps>Fitbit App and clear the cache. 

Restart your phone( on/off)

Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
Connect your device to the charging cable
Press and hold the buttons on your tracker for 10 seconds.
Release the buttons. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Try then to setup the Inspire 2 as a new device.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanFitbit 

None of these steps have worked to resolve the issue. 

Any other ideas? 

Thanks 

Claire

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ClaireA84 , Thank you for getting back.

Please follow these steps, some of which you have already done, but the order is important:

If you are using the Tile app, please make sure to deactivate it before the following:

• On your Inspire 2 go to Settings> Clear user Data 
  • When prompted, press the screen for 3 seconds and release. When your tracker vibrates and the clock screen appears, your data is erased.
  • Please on mobile device, go to Settings>Bluetooth, and remove all connections that exist with the tracker. (Forget, ignore or unpair device depending on the phone OS version)
  • Turn off Bluetooth and restart your phone. (switch off and on again).
  • When the phone is back on, turn on the Bluetooth again, but DO NOT attempt to connect to the tracker from here.
  • Go on the app. From here, try setting up the tracker as a new device.
  •  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experienceing same in April

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to send mine for a repair through Amazon and eventually they replaced mine with a new one.

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of these steps, but still, my Fitbit will not connect to the app. Even after I have allowed Bluetooth in the app settings, it will not even show up in my Bluetooth settings. My problem started when I couldn’t figure out why the app stopped syncing to my device, and now I can’t even get my device to see the Fitbit. My iPhone will see and connect to other new devices though, what do I do now? I’ve been at this for hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ClaireA84 , Nice to see you around. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad to read that Amazon help you further. 

@Brightfeather28 @Hicth , If you already tried the steps described above please try the following. 

Do you have access to another mobile device? (eg. borrowed, old device, etc) where you can install the Fitbit app?

If so try installing the app on the alternative phone/tablet. 

Turn the Bluetooth off of the main device. 
Try setting up the Inspire 2 with the alternative device. 

If successful, turn the Bluetooth off of your alternative mobile device and turn on the one from the main device.

Try to sync the Inspire 2 with the main device 

Best Answer
0 Votes