Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 heart rate monitor doesn't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help! I purchased one for my wife recently.  The HR monitor worked for about an hour after it was 1st set up and now it doesn't seem to work.  I've restarted the phone, the app, re-logged in and restarted the device.  Nothing seems to work.  I'm not seeing the flashing light on the underside of the device at all.  

I'm wondering if it's defective and needs to be exchanged or if there's a setting issue I'm not aware of...

Thanks!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Thanks, mine was on clip mode. Turned it on to heart mode and it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t understand why I am still waiting for assistance from the support team. I have tried all the suggestions about resetting from wrist to clip and back to wrist. Bpm is on and nothing works. If there aren’t any useful suggestions why haven’t you sent me a new device to try. If the new one works I will very happily send back defective. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@deaconronc, that's great news! I'm glad to hear that your Inspire 2 started to work properly again. Thank you for posting the update here.

Hi @Lestalk, I totally understand how you feel about the heart rate tracking issue. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via email and sent you some instructions. Please reply to them in case more assistance is needed.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these options worked for me, so I tried fixing it on my own. I ended up fixing the heartrate monitor by not pressing, but holding down on both sides of my fitbit until dnd popped up. I simply scrolled down past sleep, past screen wake, past water lock and if yours says on clip then the heart rate monitor won't be on. You have to touch it to make it say on wrist and then it will turn on, at least it did for me. Best of luck.

Best Answer

@aaron1997 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved. Thank you for posting the steps you followed in order to get the heart rate monitor fixed. I'm pretty sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly the sort of unhelpful response that so called Fitbit Moderators produce. If you look at the posting chain here, you’ll see that the Moderator solved nothing! It was actually the user, aaron1997 that figured it out. The standard replies by the moderators suggest they are all bots anyway. 

Thanks Aaron. No thanks JuanJo. Best of luck indeed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great fix! Nothing else worked! Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me thank you soo very much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TwinPeaksBob I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

@elaineconneely @Berry7 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums. I'm so glad to hear that you found this thread helpful and managed to get the issue resolved.

See you guys around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aaron1997 thank you! This was the only post tip that worked! You saved me more frustration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rmranran Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. I'm glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved by following the steps shared by @aaron1997. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spent 45 minutes trying to get my heart rate on, checking settings and the app etc. Your suggestion worked. Fitbit should pay you to rewrite their help section.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!!!  After plugging Fitbit Inspire 2 into & attaching it to the charger, pinching sides for few seconds, then  a smile appears. On the fitbit itself (not the phone app), under "Quick Settings(?)", choose (touch to make it light up) "clip", then "on wrist"(?) and it  started keeping my pulse rate again. (The "?" means the words are something like that, but can't remember exact wording.) THANK YOU 💋 AGAIN!!

[I do what I can when I can the best I can.]
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the listed troubleshooting - my inspire 2 is set to wrist and heart

rate to on. I have tried rebooting, resetting data - which included repairing device. I also tried switching to clip and then back to wrist - nothing is working. It seems to have stopped right after my recharge that I did earlier today. Please assist!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine hasn’t worked since July; it’s my heart, it skips a beat that is why my Fitbit doesn’t register sleep

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue isn’t with sleep. The green light for the heart rate isn’t working. All troubleshooting has been attempted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also noticed that my battery is draining quickly. Was 100% yesterday afternoon and now is at 45% this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was helpful for me. thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Switching from "Clip" to "Wrist" helped a lot.Thanks! My Inspire 2 switched to "Clip" somehow. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You probably You want to check in the app if you have the heart rate on 24/7 if not then it automatically turns off to save battery had the same issue lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes