Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 is counting steps while driving

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a premium account. Inspire 2 model. I’m totally disappointed. I got my Fitbit for Christmas. I use it every day. I drive school bus. On a typical day while driving 4 hours max I accumulate between 8k to 10k steps while I’m driving. 
Can I stop my premium membership? 
150.00 is a waste of money for a product you rely on then another 80 bucks for a premium membership. 
Fitbit really needs to take driving into consideration. Many Many people with the same issues. 
I will not purchase another Fitbit for this reason. 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit community @Autumn908

I appreciate all the details you've provided about the inconvenience you're experiencing with the Inspire 2. 

Keep in mind the algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps. When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement, such as working or cooking, you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats. 

Regarding the steps you're getting while driving, unfortunately it is an expected device behavior at the moment. There's currently no Driving Mode feature to avoid these extra steps, however, I do recommend that you vote for this idea posted in the Product Feedback board of the Community, this is helpful for the team of developers. 

In addition, if you still consider the steps are not accurate, please make sure that you've tried the restart procedure as described in this article, then check if you continue to experience the same behavior. In the meantime, you can find more useful information about the accuracy of Fitbit devices and how to adjust your stride length and dominant hand settings here

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit community @Autumn908

I appreciate all the details you've provided about the inconvenience you're experiencing with the Inspire 2. 

Keep in mind the algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running. When working at a desk, cooking, or performing other activities with arm movements, a device on your wrist may add some steps. When you’re doing activities that involve arm movement, such as working or cooking, you often walk a few steps in-between stationary periods as well, so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added by arm-based movement isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats. 

Regarding the steps you're getting while driving, unfortunately it is an expected device behavior at the moment. There's currently no Driving Mode feature to avoid these extra steps, however, I do recommend that you vote for this idea posted in the Product Feedback board of the Community, this is helpful for the team of developers. 

In addition, if you still consider the steps are not accurate, please make sure that you've tried the restart procedure as described in this article, then check if you continue to experience the same behavior. In the meantime, you can find more useful information about the accuracy of Fitbit devices and how to adjust your stride length and dominant hand settings here

Best Answer
0 Votes