Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 not syncing to PC.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought a new inspire 2 to replace my old Inspire HR and it only syncs with my phone, not my PC with the Bluetooth dongle in. The old Inspire HR always synced perfectly whenever i got near my PC but this new one won't. Anyone else had this or can shed any light on what might be stopping it from syncing?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rwleigh I hope you're doing well!

Newer devices are designed to work with mobile devices rather than computers. As @Odyssey13 said, more information is needed in order to better assist you. Still you mentioned a USB Dongle, this makes me think that you are running the old Fitbit Connect software on your computer. If you have a Windows 10 computer (previous versions of Windows aren't supported anymore) you can download the Fitbit app from the Windows app store and use your computer's integrated bluetooth (if it has one) to sync your device with it. You can follow the instructions in this help article to help with the issue.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Just bought a new inspire 2 to replace my old Inspire HR and it only syncs with my phone, not my PC with the Bluetooth dongle in. The old Inspire HR always synced perfectly whenever i got near my PC but this new one won't. Anyone else had this or can shed any light on what might be stopping it from syncing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @rwleigh  your posts were merged, so you can get your responses in one place. These are the community forums, plus it's the weekend, so it might take time for someone to reply and we're just users of Fitbit. The newer devices seem to work better with the mobile devices. If you can sync to the phone ok, why not use it that way? Computers seem to be phasing out for our using them. Windows 10 can't be used to set up, but the dashboard can be used to see the stats. What operating system is it?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rwleigh I hope you're doing well!

Newer devices are designed to work with mobile devices rather than computers. As @Odyssey13 said, more information is needed in order to better assist you. Still you mentioned a USB Dongle, this makes me think that you are running the old Fitbit Connect software on your computer. If you have a Windows 10 computer (previous versions of Windows aren't supported anymore) you can download the Fitbit app from the Windows app store and use your computer's integrated bluetooth (if it has one) to sync your device with it. You can follow the instructions in this help article to help with the issue.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thank you both for your help, I do have the Fitbit App on a Windows 10 machine and it has always worked perfectly until now. I do use the previously supplied Fitbit USB Dongle as my desktop machine has no built in Bluetooth, it would appear I now have to sync with my phone. Seems a backward step to me but that's just how it is I suppose. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes