Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 - sleep does not mathematically add up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have Premium - sleep scores as of late don’t add up mathematically. 
says I’m in bed (I start sleep manually as my bedtimes varies) 7.5 hrs for sleep time but only slept 3.5 hrs(typical for me) but was only awake or restless for 17 mins. In past it has indicated multiple wake times with multiple hrs awake or restless scattered through the night. Only recently have the numbers not added up! How do I resolve this ? I have reset etc already 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @MJM5153 , I am afraid that if you always start your sleep manually it is unlikely to work ideally and as expected.  All recent Fitbits, and definitely the Inspire 2, are designed to detect sleep automatically.  You do not need to worry about varying your bedtime.  The devices are uncannily good at working out when you have gone to bed (although it does count all bedtime hours in your sleep total).  

If you start your sleep manually you will almost certainly  get inconsistent results simply because you are not using the device as expected.

I would recommend trying doing nothing and just wearing your Inspire 2 to bed and letting it do it’s thing.  It may take a few days to get to know your patterns to give you the best info.  Bear with it!  You really will get better insight about your sleep if you allow it to detect automatically.

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @MJM5153 , I am afraid that if you always start your sleep manually it is unlikely to work ideally and as expected.  All recent Fitbits, and definitely the Inspire 2, are designed to detect sleep automatically.  You do not need to worry about varying your bedtime.  The devices are uncannily good at working out when you have gone to bed (although it does count all bedtime hours in your sleep total).  

If you start your sleep manually you will almost certainly  get inconsistent results simply because you are not using the device as expected.

I would recommend trying doing nothing and just wearing your Inspire 2 to bed and letting it do it’s thing.  It may take a few days to get to know your patterns to give you the best info.  Bear with it!  You really will get better insight about your sleep if you allow it to detect automatically.

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer