Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 usage and charging issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I got a notification that my Inspire 2 battery was low, and it died instantly afterwards. I put it on the charger for two hours and when I came back not only had it not charged at all, but it was incredibly hot. I took it off, let it cool, and tried again and had the same problem. Within 20 minutes of being on the charger (standard issue charger and I tried three different USB ports--my switch dock where I usually charge it, an outlet on a power strip, and my laptop) it became hot again. I let it sit overnight to cool, and this morning had the exact same problem. It will not respond to touch, sync to the app, or charge whatsoever. All it does is become extremely hot to the touch. It was a Christmas gift from my boyfriend and I absolutely love it, so this has been upsetting for me!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there, @AleMariGle. Welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry you feel this way about your Fitbit Inspire 2. I really appreciate all steps you've tried with your Fitbit.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you with this matter. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back so they can continue assisting you.

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow…the same thing has happened to me! Have you manage to resolve the issue? 

Best Answer

I'm supposed to be receiving a replacement as the overheating is a safety issue. I sent my faulty model out on August 10th and according to my tracking number it arrived on August 15th and was signed for. However, I have yet to receive confirmation from Fitbit that they've received it and are shipping out my new one. I'm scared that they've lost it or something!

Best Answer

I guess I will have to buy a new one.  as soon as it hit the year I started having problems.  I did a reset and that initially fixed it.  Now, it won't even display or update the app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jrouse56.

Thanks for letting us know the issue with your Inspire 2.

In order to help you in a better way, please could you provide more details about the inconvenience?

Best Answer
0 Votes

same as the other people.  I got a low battery warning, put it on the charger overnight.  Put it on the next morning, when at the gym I attempted to check the time, it would not light up or display.  After, I checked the app, it said it was 62% but would not sync.  I attempt to reset by holding the sides for 5 seconds, nothing.  I put it back on the charger, after about an hour it was hot to the touch.   I tried another outlet.  Same thing.  Still no display and will not connect to the application.   Now, it is not even detecting the fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jrouse56. Thanks for getting back in the Community.

I appreciate all the details that you provided regarding your Inspire 2.

Please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

If the device is charging, but the screen is completely black, make sure that you've also completed the restart procedure described here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

it overheats when I try to charge it.  I have tried the restart several times, does not work.  It is totally dead.  

Best Answer
0 Votes