Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR charger melted

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi has anyone else had this problem? I have a metal wristband and the charger has slipped twice now and literally melted. As in, the charger itself literally melts (the head section separates from the wire/cable) and then melts plastic on my wristband. 

I've replaced both the wristband and the charger but it happened again last night. Fortunately I woke up when I smelled the smoke (melted plastic smell) but this seems incredibly unsafe. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know a solution?

FYI - I need a metal wristband because I have very small wrists and am very active so I need something that can adjust easily as I move, and still be tight enough to read my heartrate.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @blondchicy.  

Thank you for all the details that you've provided regarding the inconvenience that you've been experiencing with your Inspire HR. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @blondchicy.  

Thank you for all the details that you've provided regarding the inconvenience that you've been experiencing with your Inspire HR. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer

Hi, just so you know what your customers are hearing from the Customer Service department, I was told that 1) since it was over a year old it wasn’t eligible for warranty and 2) not to charge it for over two hours.

Not exactly the type of response I expect when a device at this price point literally melts and potentially could start a fire in my bedroom (while I am sleeping). There is clearly a design flaw in that there is no way to ensure that the charger stays in contact with the electrodes, and based on my experience and what I’m reading elsewhere in these forums this same issue is happening to other users. 
Honestly a simple “I’m very sorry and we’ll replace it with this newer model that is fireproof” would have been extremely appropriate and appreciated. Instead I got the run around, and then disconnected from chat with only a few seconds of gap. 
I really expected better from FitBit both in terms of products, taking responsibility for design issues and in customer responses. Making you aware that things are NOT being handled professionally by you CS team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@blondchicy Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your reply and confirming that you already got in touch with the Customer Support team about this. 

I've sent your information to the Support team again, but it seems that you've kept in touch with them via e-mail for further assistance with this and your case has been escalated to the appropriate department, so you should be receiving a reply soon. Keep in mind that since it's an escalation, it can take a bit longer than usual to receive a response. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes