Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

How do you turn off the vibrations? Through your phone's settings? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You cannot 

You can reduce the specs that cause them.

Best Answer

Hi all, I am having the same battery issues as everyone else. Brand new using the recommended watch face settings. No notifying alerts from phone or app and have done the reset. I only get maybe 2 days max. I do hope there is a fix in the works. Just FYI I also continue to use my Fitbit One and battery life is over a week.

Thank you for listening.

Ed

Best Answer

Hi everyone. I just want to personally thank you all for your patience as our team works to investigate these reports of battery drain. 

@hdflhtcu  For any newcomers to this thread, our engineers have temporarily removed the Heavy Stats and Valerie clockfaces from the gallery as the investigate a technical issue. We are hoping to have both of these clockfaces back in the gallery soon! 

In the meantime, I can suggest using one fo these three clockfaces to optimize battery life: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog.

@delsayed1967 @MorgieDee  Thanks for sharing your insights on this issue. Glad to see that your battery life has improved. We will continue to work on this from our end!

@ProfJudi There is not a way to disable vibration per se, but each feature that uses vibration (reminders to move, notifications, alarms) can be toggled individually. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

…………………………

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Just press to get screen on then long press to get battery screen

Best Answer

....…………

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure. Sorry 

Best Answer

@Lfrost19 Try giving your tracker a restart. That might help. Let me know how it goes!

@delsayed1967 Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I don't lol

I have researched the market for the past 6 months since I started trying to be fit. I did not like the other fitbit products because of size or shape. I liked the Alta HR but did not like the shape. Inspire HR came at the right time and it was cheaper.

As for chinese products, there are many in Amazon, but I like to have a brand name and warranty ready for me.

I am not trying to convince anyone with Inspire HR as it is a personal preference. I like the specs for the price value it has and I am 100% its accurate with regard to HR as I compared to  the results of a Blood Pressure device. Also I like that the support is responding to our concerns and I hope they get resolved soon, I am not sure how is Chinese product customer service will handle any concerns.

Best of luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery life has been much better since switching to Simple Stats. I have no problem using my watch in this configuration.'

To the person checking battery life . Hold down the button for a few seconds and it will show the battery and you can also scroll to other things on the watch.

Hope all is well, the sleep portion of the watch is pretty interesting to see how much I rest at night and it's also comfortable to wear at night over previous models. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since switching to Simple Stats, I have been getting just over 4 days of battery life. Much improved. I have it set for all day sync and have used the silent alarm, notifications, sleep tracking, and even used the timer a couple of times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! This helps
Best Answer

Just to update... 
I am now just over 5 days since my last charge using the Heavy Stats face (as described in my last post here) and...
I have 40% left (!!!) - I'm not sure if I am just blessed with an ultra perfect Inspire HR but there you go!

I have only taken it off to bathe, still haven't used GPS and haven't turned off any features since purchase, let see how long this thing will actually last before needing a charge! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: Well it's official, after two complete drains of my Inspire HR with the Analog face, I can say that my battery lasts between 5-6 days now. I don't have All Day Sync on, but I don't seem to mind waiting a little longer the two or three times a day that I sync to my phone. Clock face changing may not be the only problem, but changing it to Analog has helped me reach the advertised 5 days consistently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's very interesting. I'm using Simple Stats, also a recommended clock face for battery drain, and I have all-day sync turned off. All I still get is 2 days before battery is near 0% and I'm not happy with this.

moderator....could Analog make a difference instead of Simple Stats? It seems odd that this should even be a consideration. 

Thanks for your post, MikeCE.

Moderator edit:  format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the vibrations drain the battery more than the screen.

The less the vibrations the less the drain

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appear to have solved my issue by taking the following steps:

1.  Removing Inspire from fitbit app;

2.  Erasing all data from Inspire using settings on Inspire;

3.  Doing a hard reset of the Inspire (holding down side button for 10 seconds or so while Inspire is on charger, until smiley face apppeared); and

4.  Setting up Inspire again using fitbit app.

I currently have the "Shifted" watch face.  I had tried simply doing a hard reset before (step 3), but that alone didn't provide more battery life (was getting only about a day or so).  After taking the steps above, however, I've now used just 15% over the past 20 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read that earlier but when I asked the moderator there was no way to turn off vibrations

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not turn off

I meant reduce the tasks that cause them. Only on need basis.

Best Answer
0 Votes