Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the Inspire for about a month now, and this is my first true fitness tracker (coming from a counterweight pedometer).  Here is a list of my issues that have made my think twice about this device:

Bluetooth connectivity is not consistent - I lost 4 days of data because I could not get my tracker to connect to my phone.  The funny thing is this, when it tried to connect, I would feel my Inspire vibrate, but then get a message on my phone saying it couldn't connect.  So this made me think there was some connection.  I had to remove the device from my account and reconnect for it work again properly.

Screen Wake - I have my device to NOT wake up to arm gestures, however, it will come on randomly or when it slides up and down my arm.  It will sometimes come on in the middle of the night and the OLED screen is pretty bright in the dark.  I am not sure if this is a bug or something that I don't understand about the device.

Button press - possibly related to the issue above, but sometimes when I press the side button to get the screen on, it flickers on very briefly and then the screen turns off. I would often times have to press the button 1-3 times to get the screen to stay on.

Screen info changes - a lot of times, the screen will change info without me telling it to.  I like to see the time and step count, but often, when I go to check the screen, it'll be time and minutes or time and calories burned.

Charge Time - take over an hour to charge from below 10%.  That's a long time to not be counting steps or calories.

Location services needed - why does location services need to be turned on to sync? I do not have the HR version.

So if there are tips (other than leave Bluetooth on, I know this one), please let me know.  I want to love this device, but it has gotten annoying dealing with all these issues and then losing 4 days of data compounded my feelings even more.

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@brutus001 What phone are you trying to sync it to?  I haven't had any issues with my iPhone X.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heather-S wrote:

@brutus001 What phone are you trying to sync it to?  I haven't had any issues with my iPhone X.

A fairly new Motorola.  It's been better now that I keep Bluetooth on, but I would rather not.  I only need to sync once a day and don't want to keep Bluetooth and Location Services on to drain my battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brutus001 Thanks for the feedback regarding your experience with Inspire thus far. 

I have been toying around with screen-wake myself. When screen wake is turned off (which can be toggled in the settings after holding the button) the screen is still designed to turn on when the pebble is double tapped. This feature is somewhat sensitive, so if the tracker is loose on your wrist the pebble may be detecting 'taps' while it moves on your wrist at night. 

I would also recommend performing a quick restart to see if that resolves the screen issues (flickering) you had mentioned. 

Additionally, Google changed its permission requirements beginning with Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow). As a result, the locations permission is necessary to sync your tracker with your Android device. For more info on this, check out this article

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have additional questions.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer