Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reteroactively change exercise ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Really annoying that help docs list interface options that don't actually exist.

I'm on fitbit premium with inspire hr. It logged walk as a cycle and walk as a run.

How do I change retroactively?

Apologies: repost. Couldn't delete post from other forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Sometimes pencil icon is shown on exercise sometimes it isn't. Cant seem to change exercise type generally. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dbee01   That pencil icon here, but not there, is one of the nuances of tracking exercise with Fitbit.  If the pencil icon is there, then you can change the name of the workout.  Sometimes an auto-recognized exercise gets recognized as the wrong activity.  Sometimes I get elliptical recorded as a walk.  But if you start and stop some exercises with the Exercise app, there is no pencil.  For example, you can use the Workout option and change the name.  But if you track a walk using the Exercise app, you can't.

Does this help?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @LZeeW 

So if I understand correctly. If I start and stop an exercise. I can't edit it later ?

How do I track a walk with the exercise app exactly ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dbee01   When you tap on your Exercise icon, then swipe through your choices, is Walk on your list of exercises?  If not, you need to add Walk to your list of Exercise Shortcuts.  This Help article has a nice section that gives the instruction to both change and re-order your list of Exercise Shortcuts to your preference.  

There are some exercises that you can rename if it was started/stopped on the tracker itself.  Workout is one of them, because it is a catchall for many forms of exercise that don't have a shortcut.  You can't seem to do it with GPS connected exercises.  So if you started a Run on your Inspire HR, but rode a bike, well, that's part of the learning curve of the device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes