Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runs being tracked as Walks - no way to edit exercise afterwards

I noted this bug a few months ago but they disabled replies on my original post. I have an Inspire 2 (old I know) but whenever I track a run with “start exercise” using the drop down menu at the top, it logs them as walks. There is no way to edit this exercise after the run either. This just happened with the new app redesign. I have version 4.12 and it’s still not working correctly. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @aurora_rosie. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for sharing this information with me. I'm sorry to know the inconvenience. 

I would like to know if you are using an iPhone, as we are aware of this situation on this platform and our team is investigating it. They will work on a solution later. I would ask and appreciate your patience during the investigation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I am glad to hear the issue is being looked in to. I am using an iPhone 13. Looking forward to a solution. I was going to buy a new Fitbit but am considering a different fitness tracker that is more accurate with tracking my exercise. Thank you. 

Best Answer

I am having this EXACT same issue!  I updated the app and my inspire.  Ever since the new Fitbit update my runs are automatically being logged as walks. Also I deleted and reinstalled the app and Still the same for me and too!  Really hopping this bug gets fixed and so glad to know it’s not just me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thank you for your messages and feedback. 

Our team is aware of this situation and is investigating it. 
In order to go on with the investigation, could you please provide your phone's model (eg, iPhone 11 plus, iPhone 14, etc) and it's operating system version (eg, iOS 13.4.1, iOS 14, etc) 

We appreciate your collaboration. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes