Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Fitbits, one cell phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband and I both got an Inspire 2 and I've set up a fitbit account for each of us using different emails.  Yesterday, I set up/activated my fitbit using our cell phone.  I wanted to setup/activate my husband's fitbit this evening.  We only have the one cell phone.  It doesn't seem like I can set up two separate accounts on one cell phone.  At least I can't find a way.  How can I activate my husband's fitbit without deactivating mine?

Thanks for your help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @spindrift32 and welcome to the Help forums.  You need to log out of the Fitbit app in order for your husband to set up his account.  Once you log out, he can set up his new account.  You will need to alternate who is logged in to the app in order to sync.  I recommend that you try to be out of Bluetooth range of your phone (or remove your Inspire 2 and put it far from the phone) just in case there is Bluetooth interference from the two devices.

This would be much easier if you could have two copies of the app on your phone, but you can't.  Do you have a compatible tablet, like an iPad?

I can't personally confirm this, because I use a Mac, not a PC.  Even though you can't set up an Inspire 2 with the Fitbit app for Windows 10 on a PC, some users say that you can sync with a PC once it is set up on a phone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @spindrift32 and welcome to the Help forums.  You need to log out of the Fitbit app in order for your husband to set up his account.  Once you log out, he can set up his new account.  You will need to alternate who is logged in to the app in order to sync.  I recommend that you try to be out of Bluetooth range of your phone (or remove your Inspire 2 and put it far from the phone) just in case there is Bluetooth interference from the two devices.

This would be much easier if you could have two copies of the app on your phone, but you can't.  Do you have a compatible tablet, like an iPad?

I can't personally confirm this, because I use a Mac, not a PC.  Even though you can't set up an Inspire 2 with the Fitbit app for Windows 10 on a PC, some users say that you can sync with a PC once it is set up on a phone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have two fit bit accounts on one android tablet and 1 fitbit account. You have to log out your fit account before logging in the other account.  Also make sure inspire device is out of bluetooth range. That process is a work around but works.  Good Luck!  2weird

Best Answer
0 Votes

@2weird Hi there. Thanks for sharing your experience using two accounts on one mobile device. 

I'd like to invite you to the Health & Wellness boards, you can find and post tips about Get Moving, Healthy Eating and more. 

Have a good week. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and I both got the Charge 4 for Christmas.  After setting up mine to my cell phone, I wasn't able to figure out how to set his up.  He doesn't want/have a cell phone so I tried to do it on mine.  I finally clicked the box that said to replace.  And now, his Charge 4 is the only one that is showing on my phone.  Do you think this will work to get back to my Charge 4 on my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes