Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15+ Exercise Modes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Where can I find a list of the 15+ exercise modes? I do a lot of cross fit training and my current smart tracker watch does not register it remotely close so I am looking for one that will

TIA

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

Where do you find all of these? I only find Run, Bike, Swim, Tradmill, Weights and Interval Training on mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you guys please add rowing?  Thank you.

Best Answer

Ditto, I took you quiz on you web page and told it I wanted Rowing (I Ksyak a bit) and it told me I wanted the Fitbit Charge 3. Imagine my disappointment after it arrived.

Best Answer

My new Charge 3 is displaying only 14 exercise modes, swim is missing. Any ideas, thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

I just noticed this too. Did you ever find a solution to recover them? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It just “appeared” the following day. Good luck with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is Fitbit intending on adding skiing as an exercise mode?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What buttons do you push to see all 15 options?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will you be adding kayaking to the list of exercise activities. I am an avid kayaked, snowshoer and badminton player...NONE of these is included!!!

I use tennis for badminton and walking for snowshoeing but nothing is close to kayaking.

Can you possibly add this? It would be appreciated by many, I'm sure....

Best Answer

Hi where is the tennis option?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Touch the account icon in the top right corner of the app. Then touch the
device you want to change. Scroll down till you see “exercise shortcuts”.
Once you open it, you can remove one of the default exercises and add
tennis. With mine It automatically thought all exercise was walking so i
had to categorize my workout as weights and now it seems to recognize my
workout. Not sure it will recognize my elliptical workout yet but if not i
can probably select that as well. I am disappointed that it doesnt just do
it but i guess there really isnt a technology that does that. It can map
you heart rate and the movement of your wrist but you have to corelate that
to what the exercise actually was.
Best Answer

I have a customer wondering about the exercise modes and if there’s a timed interval mode to assist her in pushing it in timeframes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is an interval timer and a stop watch. The stop watch has two
functions. It can count down to zero or count up. You can change the
interval timer settings in the app. I have not used the stopwatch But you
can probably change the settings there as well. Here is link to
instructions for the timer.
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrNJEnjnoFcwWkAgizBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTEzb25odXVjBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBH...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not seeing swim as an option when I try to change my exercise shortcuts, how do I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to do it from your Fitbit app. It should be in there! If it’s not, that means you have the max of exercises in there already. Deere one that you don’t use and then add swimming 🙂 hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I actually tried that and it isn't an option in the list even when I delete all but 1 other one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a bit confusing. Below are the exact steps I use.

1. Open the app.
2. Tap Charge 3.
3. Scroll down to “exercise shortcuts” and tap to open.
4. Tap “edit” in the top right corner.
5. Tap “+” to add shortcut.
6. Tap “swim”.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is th exercise option to choose for zumba/aerobics

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the difference between these exercises in terms of what is tracked and how it impacts my personal stats? Some are obvious by title (Run, Bike, Swim, Spinning, Golf, Hike, Tennis, Stairclimber, Pilates, Yoga, Elliptical, Walk), others, like the following, are not so distinguishable from one another and I'm wondering why you'd choose one over the other and what impact it would have on stats (if any)

• Weights / Circuit Training
  • Interval Workout / Workout / Bootcamp
  • Martial Arts / Kickboxing

There is also "Aerobic" that comes up on auto recognized but isn't in that list of 15. Bottom line, I just want to choose the best option for what I'm doing, assuming it even matters to the stats collected or displayed. If this is all just a labeling option for my own memory of what I was doing that day, that's fine, I just want to know that so that I don't feel like I should look for Fitbit's definitions of these exercise types and which I should align to if not doing something that might seem super obvious (Bike for example - though enthusiast of that activity might argue that is too vague too). Can anyone school me on this? 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes