Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After each update? Check your settings & options are correct.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Check every single setting & option in the configuration menu 'especially Privacy & Notifications' after every FitBit upgrade or patch issued.

My account was locked down Private 'no public view' but after last patch released? All settings were either public or friends view. Notifications defaulted 'all enabled' too.

Also many options for the Versa had defaulted to manufacturer settings. 

I seem to spend more time configuring options & settings on the Dashboard & my Versa of late than I do actually using it! 

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @GrubbyDuck , I was under the impression that you have left Fitbit and switched it for an Apple. Nevertheless, alas I do not recognize your problem. Just upgraded a fews days ago to the Versa 2 and all of my settings are still the same, including privacy settings. the same accounted for upgrading to the newest Firmware Version when I still had the Versa. Regards kuzibri 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Have a nice day.  Your reply had absolute zero contextual value & is off topic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner , nice to see you around, thank you for your comment. 

@GrubbyDuck ,  I'm glad to see you back! Thanks for reporting the change on the settings after the update. 

Could you please enhance the information answering these questions:

- The update in question was a Fitbit app update or a Firmware update in your device?

- If it was a Fitbit app update, could you please provide your mobile device model and the OS version it uses?

- If it was the firmware update, could you please confirm when did you performed the update?

In the meantime, please setup your security settings, and confirm if you saved them and if they stay saved. 

We'll be expecting your reply . 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanFitbit Iphone 6s IOS 13.1.1   Win 10  18362.387 KB4517211.

FitBit ver 32.33,1,30 & previous version update.

All app settings defaulted to factory set. Versa screen included. All devices are up to date hardware drivers, firmware & software operating systems.

When IOS was updated to 13.0, 13.01 & 13.1.1 FitBit app did not default. 

Last update Windows 10 was Sept 2019 & this did not affect FitBit app. 

Yes all settings are saved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GrubbyDuck , thank you for your reply and further information. 

I've informed our Support Team. They will have a look at this and will be contacting you via Email. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Please keep me posted. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes