Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always On - only 2 options!?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone figured out an option for the always on clock/screen to be of our own choosing?  

I MUST have the seconds showing and that appears not to be an option.   

I can also only set it to stay on my chosen face for 1 minute, nothing longer?  Why no 2 or 5 minute option?
Let me know if you have discovered a workaround!  😄

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You are correct - no seconds with always-on clock, and 60 seconds max for screen time-out, I suppose for battery life.  You can set the timer, though I realize that might not meet your needs.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You are correct - no seconds with always-on clock, and 60 seconds max for screen time-out, I suppose for battery life.  You can set the timer, though I realize that might not meet your needs.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Better than nothing, but not what I was after for my $200.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

The always on clock faces are designed for power saving, taking advantage of how AMOLED screens work (black pixels being completely off), the more black on the screen, the more efficient the clock face is. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Naturally, but I would have preferred an option that matched the needs of my profession.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JC357 You can share your idea by posting it over on the feature suggestions board (here). Other users can then vote for it, with the more popular suggestions having the best chance of being implemented. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's a stop-gap for now but hopefully they update it to add longer options and screen options! 🙂

Best Answer