Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps Problems after 3.0 Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

Ive noticed after the update to Fitbit OS3.0 the weather app and Philips Hue app are not syncing with the iPhone any longer, although the Versa is synced with the phone and all the stats are shown correctly. Has anyone else got these problems after the update and found a fix?

I already tried to pair the watch with the phone again and rebooted both devices and all other “default” stuff. So I figured it must be the apps. 

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have an iPhone XS. I also tried to pair and sync with a Sony phone running Android 8.0 and the weather app synced so it must be an app problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Already thought so. Try the following:

1. Delete all locations in the  weather app and restart your mobile device.

2. Go back to the weather app and add "current location" again and nothing else. Restart your phone

3. See if, after syncing with your Versa, the weather is displayed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, it's possible that some apps need an update/adjustement after updating. With regards to Hue: go to apps - my apps - Hue app and press the setting icon on the right side of the screen. It will bring you to the Hue screen, telling you that's installed. Wait for a few secs and after that settings and permissions are shown. Press settings and the app goes searching for a your bridge's IP, which it will find very quickly. After that Hue should work again as you're used to. Did this just myself and everything works. 

Regarding the weather app: many people seem to have problem with this app. Try this: go to weather app, press the settings icon and you will get the screen which shows your location. If there is only current location, you can do two things;

1. Remove it and add it again and reboot your device. When it works, you're done.

2. If that does not work: press add location and enter manually all the data of your exact location and reboot device. Should be working, works for me all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello kuzibri,

thanks for a quick reply! So I could fix the hue app by reinstalling (btw the old installation saw the bridge IP but just wouldn’t sync).

the weather app is a different story, I have 2 locations set in the settings: current location and another city. The app recognizes the current location- shows the current city but the actual weather for it. When I add a third city in the settings it doesn’t show on the watch after the sync. 

Funnily syncing with it on android works.

Alina

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, 

i meant it doesn’t show the information on wearher to any of the locations 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Already thought so. Try the following:

1. Delete all locations in the  weather app and restart your mobile device.

2. Go back to the weather app and add "current location" again and nothing else. Restart your phone

3. See if, after syncing with your Versa, the weather is displayed.

Best Answer

Hi kuzibri,

The weather app doesn’t let you delete “current location“ and everything I do on the phone doesn’t seem to influence the list of the locations on the watch. I guess I’ll just wait till the app developers bring up the update. 

Thank you anyway!

BR

Alina

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi kuzibri, 

somehow after deleting everything possible, rebooting and adding again (not sure about the order lol) it finally worked!

thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alina, you're very welcome. Sorry that I could not solve your problem. Thanks for the vote.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated mine today and it’s stuck on Celsius and I’ve done everything to change it and it wont

Best Answer
0 Votes