Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life reduced

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the last three days my battery is draining really quickly. I emailed Fitbit. My versa 3 is 10 months old and they acknowledged my battery was draining but say that my watch warranty is done which I find appalling. These watches should last longer than a year. They offered no solution aside from buying another. What other brands are reliable and have better quality? My Fitbit versa before this one suddenly heated up while charging so hot I couldn’t even touch it. They replaced that one with the current one I have that isn’t even a year old and is dead in a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

My Versa 3 is going on 3-years old, but suddenly this week it will not hold a charge, even after doing a factory reset.  

The unit has worked great up to this recent issue.

The unit charges normally, but it is dead in a matter of a few hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This may sound weird but are you located in the US or in another country?  I only had one replacement (due to an unrelated issue) which was well within the 1 year warranty and they replaced for free.  I'm not sure how that works if your replacement needs a replacement (if that makes sense).

I've heard that the warranty outside the US is 2 years, if that makes a difference.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in Canada. I’ve tried to look up warranty info and can’t find it anywhere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Angtron - a replacement watch isn't covered by a full warranty, it follows the original warranty.

You can check in the watch Settings, about Versa 3 menu what activation date is shown.

If your original watch was getting hot it had internal damage, probably water damage.

A sudden change in battery life is an indication that a new problem has started on this watch too, possibly also water  damage.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rob009 - if your watch doesn't last more than a few hours it probably has internal damage.

Given its age it could be the seals have deteriorated and the watch has accumulated moisture.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Yes my problem began immediately after a minor water exposure (which the watch should more than tolerate). Sounds like I need to consider a replacement.

FYI, for $13.50 you can bump the standard 1-year warranty (2-years if in the EU) to 3-years via a 3rd-party warranty provide on Amazon. 

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

Thanks!

Best Answer

In less than 10 months? I don’t get my watch wet. I’m not a swimmer and I don’t shower with it on. I’m looking into other brands. We shouldn’t have to pay for a new watch once a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes